• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finished my Water Cooled Rig (pics)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My temps are high for two reasons. I'm cooling a prescott P4 or a P4E which runs hotter than the Northwood's or P4c's. Pluse I'm cooling three chips in my circuit. But still my prescott temps are well below stock cooling. So I'm ok with the temps I'm getting

aaroncat said:
Also......I am very interested in certain swiftech components for my pelt setup......
But it is very confusing with all their different barb and tube sizes......
Can you explain in detail what hose size you have coming from each block, radiator and pump and if you needed any adapters to switch between different Inner Dimensions???

Everything is 3/8id ecxept the pump, its 1/2id. I think swiftech's pelts are 3/8id as well. there sight is swiftnets.com

Jenkx.......dont know if you read my post right but I have the same P4 3.0E, and with a rather weak cooling setup I am getting better temps..........This shouldn't be the case, although the other waterblocks may have something to do with that (that was also in my previous post)

Check my sig we have almost identical setups.

Asus board............P43.0 Prescott @ 3.6 ..........DDR500..........Radeon..........

aaroncat said:
Check my sig we have almost identical setups.

Asus board............P43.0 Prescott @ 3.6 ..........DDR500..........Radeon..........

aaroncat I read your post. I originally posted my temps the day I finished installing my water cooling setup. I've noticed that my temps have dropped since then. I'm now idling at 38c and maxing at 44c. One thing I did that may cause my temps to be higher is that I replaced the fans that came with the Swiftech radiators with UV reactive fans by Vantech. I believe that these fans move less air than the ones that came with the radiators.

Our system components are similar but one difference is that I'm running a 9800pro whereas you’re running a 9600XT. Maybe my 9800 is producing more heat than your 9600?

If I turn the fans around to pull fresh air in over my radiators my temps may drop as well but I'm satisfied with the way things are for now. I have a good stable o/c with room for more. I can go to a stable 3.84 but I have to tinker with stuff instead of just punch in 20% if you know what I mean.

you are kiling the intake on the mcp600. 3/8 to 1/2 adapter right next to the intake is bad. you need about 3-4 inches of 1/2 id on the intake side before you switch to 3/8.

infinity9 said:
you are kiling the intake on the mcp600. 3/8 to 1/2 adapter right next to the intake is bad. you need about 3-4 inches of 1/2 id on the intake side before you switch to 3/8.

Please explain the rational behind whatyou have said. I'll be glad to change it given a good reason for doing so.

jenkx : I love the looks of your sys... Personally I am really paranoid about flow restriction, so I tried really hard to keep my sys a full half-inch ID full around, even to the ID of the barbs. What are the diameters of your tubes, and do they change?

Most of the system is 3/8 ID. The only part that is 1/2 ID is the intake and outlet of the pump. So far no problems. As I mentioned in another tread the Swiftech MCP600 pump works like a low gear. It doesn’t pump fast but it pumps hard. It churns water through whatever you put in front of it. It's the perfect pump for restrictive systems.

Nice setup. Those cases are huge aren't they? I just got mine Friday and was also the first time I've actually seen one in person. (no stores carry them, and none of my friends are into computers)

Back