• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EXPIRED Fire Tablets $40 (the cheap ones)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Link

$40 for the 8GB model with adware, $55 without.

Picked a couple up over the Black Friday sale. They're OK if you have a Prime account and just want a basic tablet or a gift for the less techy relative. Relatively quick for checking email, facebook, etc. and bringing up videos or ebooks is simple enough. Never got around to rooting/flashing mine with the full version of Android so I can't comment on that.

Last edited:
8GB nowadays seems cruel, my GF's phone is 8GB and she's running out of room all the time. The 16GB is on sale for $59. It says you can add a microsd up to 128GB, is that true? Seems like an okay deal for a 7" tablet if you root and put regular android on it.

I got one.. rooted it and got rid of the adds.. love t.. the only thing i haven't figured out how to do is put regular ripped movies in to my daughters free time..

8GB nowadays seems cruel, my GF's phone is 8GB and she's running out of room all the time. The 16GB is on sale for $59. It says you can add a microsd up to 128GB, is that true? Seems like an okay deal for a 7" tablet if you root and put regular android on it.

Actually yes, you can. When I got mine the first thing I did was toss in a 128GB card.

I got one.. rooted it and got rid of the adds.. love t.. the only thing i haven't figured out how to do is put regular ripped movies in to my daughters free time..

Have you tried tossing the Android version of VLC on it? Haven't checked if it's on the Amazon market but you could probably just install it manually.

I picked one of these up when it was $49 and free shipping. Not too bad. I added a 64gb micro sd card to hold some games. Hate the dam ads, but it works prety good with netflix. I used it alot while I was in the hospital.

Maybe when I'm not lazy I'll root it and get rid of those dam ads.

Back