• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First Custom Water Loop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

contrabanned

I'm putting together my first custom water loop and I'm looking for suggestions/advice on my parts list before I pull the trigger.

Here's my existing Hardware:
Intel i7 4770k @ 4.8gHz (Lapped + Delidded)
MSI Z87 MPower Max
MSI GTX 670
Antec P280 Case
Antec 850W High Current Pro Platinum PSU
Antec Kuhler H2O 920
GSKILL Ripjawsz 32GB DDR3
Intel 520 240GB SSD

Water Loop:
Part # / Product Description / Total (USD)
ex-pmp-247 EK DDC X-RES Top 100 w/ 3.2 PWM Pump (EK-DDC 3.2 PWM X-RES 100) $132.99
ex-rad-311 EK Ultimate Performance CoolStream 240 XTX Series Liquid Cooling Radiator (EK-CoolStream RAD XTX (240)) $86.95
ex-blc-1131 EK Supremacy Universal CPU Liquid Cooling Block - Acetal (EK-Supremacy - Acetal) $72.99
ex-tub-1995 EK G1/4 Thread Perfect Seal Compression Fitting - 10mm ID x 16mm OD (3/8" x 5/8") - Black $5.99x6
ex-liq-289 Mayhems Pastel Coolant Concentrate - 250mL - Sunset Yellow $21.95
ex-tub-1759 XSPC FLX Premium Grade PVC Tubing - 3/8" ID (5/8"OD) - 2 Meter (6.5 Feet) Retail Pack - Clear $14.99

Total: $365.81

A couple notes:

P280 is a little tight on space; I've de-riveted it and taken out a lot of pieces I didn't need (HD Cage) but I still won't be able to fit anything bigger than 1x240 rad so I've gone with a chunky, high performance 240 rad.

I'm hoping to stick with one manufacturer for aesthetics and to avoid compatibility issues.

Any thoughts/suggestions greatly appreciated!

You're just cooling the CPU, right?

I haven't heard of the mayhem coolant stuff. I would stick with distilled+biocide+silver kill coil. Any reason for wanting to do 3/8 tubing instead of 1/2? Might not be enough room, so maybe you need the smaller bend radius.

What are your temps like right now with the Antec Kuhler?

I've never used the EK rads, but it looks like the one you picked should be good for low fans speeds (quiet). Make sure and do a bunch of reading on the stickies and read through some build logs to make sure and learn about all the "gotchas" that can crop up.

Back