• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First time Gaming PC build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Regardless, a rig able to do that at ultra settings at 4k is going to be in the $4000 range, and even that's a low estimate. Honestly, I'm not sure a $4000 rig could do it.

No, you could do it for $4000 I think. Assuming you didn't go nuts with extravagant parts outside the CPU and GPUs.

But I'm not even talking about 4K. The OP is. I'm saying don't go 4K. The graphics cards can't handle it in single card yet and even dual cards have less than spectacular performance at 4K. Go with 3 4K monitors and even 4 cards is going to be non-stellar performance.

Regardless, a rig able to do that at ultra settings at 4k is going to be in the $4000 range, and even that's a low estimate. Honestly, I'm not sure a $4000 rig could do it.
if you are including monitors, sure.

its just the gpus that would be the money. 2 295x2 = $1400. Or 4 980 = $2400. Strap a $1k computer to those and you have a winner under $4k. 5930k and x99 with 4x4gb.

Back