• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fix seized video card fan?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I wonder if I could make a cheaper set of fans fit in there... any suggestions? the space is limited and I can't just strap a fan to it because there is no additional room to go lower as mobo connectors are in the direct way.

^ cool spam?

hafa, read the thread - it will explain alot

let me go measure this thing...

you think those dimensions are actually accurate?

yeah 15mm is too deep, these fans are about 9.5 mm deep

I have the width and length fine though

If this is the fan in your GPU, where the arrow is pointing at is the sticker that you need to peel back to add oil.

MSI.jpg

Your picture shows a sleeve bearing, mine's a "long life bearing" ... whatever that's supposed to mean. When i pull the sticker off, there is no place to add oil.

hafa, read the thread - it will explain alot

I've read each post from the beginning, and once again; not sure what I'm supposed to see explained. Although your first images were unsatisfactory, it would be worth your while to borrow a decent camera in order to allow us to better help you. At any rate...

Your picture shows a sleeve bearing, mine's a "long life bearing" ... whatever that's supposed to mean. When i pull the sticker off, there is no place to add oil.

When you look at the BACK of the fan (see image posted by WhitehawkEQ) you'll likely see one of two things:

1. A "plug" made of softer plastic: There will be a fine line and a circle of lighter colored plastic. You'll need to pry this out. Insert a small screwdriver between the plug and the case and pry it away.
  2. No plug: you'll need to carefully drill a hole in the center of the plastic.

If you hose the fan, you've lost nothing, so why not give it a try?

Back