• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flashing Taskbar help :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SouleD

Registered
Hey, I'm running Windows 8 and performed a mobo upgrade + cpu upgrade (i7 860 to 8350 eightcore and h57 to 990fxa ud3 from gygabite) and once I had everything up and running everything was fine except the small flashing I have on my taskbar (going up and down really really fast almost like stuttering to be more clear its a horizontal line blinking below the taskbar) everytime I move on interactive icon (such as the icons over the text window when creating a post in this forum) etc and simply moving my cursor on my desktop...

I even clean reintalled windows 8 right after and still the same problem, I've been looking for a way for hours now to fix this issue still am, and so I'm down to getting any kind of help I can :/

thanks for your help in advance

EDIT: Apparently it only does it on my main monitor which is connected to my 7950 via a DVI connector while on the HDMI 1 used by my led tv has no blinking... hum but why would it happen after I upgraded? I might simply get a dual HDMI output or something like that, they're so expensive though.. and probably a whole other story to make them work :/.. Any help?

Since it's a DVI only problem, what could be affecting it? the only things my gpu is connected to is my mobo and psu and that's it and why was it working fine with the old mobo... I'm really confused

Last edited:
What happens if you move the taskbar from the bottom to the top or sides? Is the taskbar set to auto-hide, and have you tried changing the size of the buttons?

What happens if you move the taskbar from the bottom to the top or sides? Is the taskbar set to auto-hide, and have you tried changing the size of the buttons?

Oh you know what, apparently it's not the taskbar it self but a small horizontal line that just blink no matter what is at the bottom of my screen, what could be causing that?

EDIT: the more I look at it the more it looks like artifacts but only on my DVI connected monitor.. that's so weird

EDIT2: Seems it only does it when both my hdmi and the DVI is connected and it seems that it only happens when my DVI screen is set to 1080p. But this only happened after I installed my 990FXA ud3 with my 8350 CPU

Last edited:
Back