• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Food Coloring in my loop?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tyman98

Hey guys! Im building my FIRST loop this week. I got the Phobya Pure Performance Kit 360LT. It comes with this 1000ml of Phobya ZuperZero Clear liquid. Will i be better off using distilled water? I want to color the liquid red. Will food coloring do the job or will it disturb the coolants job? or cause corrosion? Any other tips for my first loop? thanks! :D

I wouldn't use anything except distilled water and a silver kill coil. Any additive will require additional cleaning and maintenance.

If you want it to look red get a red LED to put near the clear hose and water. Works pretty good.

I wouldn't use anything except distilled water and a silver kill coil. Any additive will require additional cleaning and maintenance.

If you want it to look red get a red LED to put near the clear hose and water. Works pretty good.

Oh and :welcome: to OCF!

Distilled water will alawys be the best. If you really want to have your fluid colored add something from known manufacturers, these will have slightly worse performance and you will need to clean your system more often. Using food coloring is a bad idea, it will clogg your system up even faster.

Last edited:
Distilled water and kill coil. Just make sure there isn't any aluminum in the loop.

As previously said, you could go with a red LED or get some Bloodshed Red tubing.

NO FOOD COLORING, it stains it forever.
for me it's fine, i only see blue orange and some pinks so I like EVERYTHING blue.
for those that see the full spectrum, it's a no no.

NO FOOD COLORING, it stains it forever.
for me it's fine, i only see blue orange and some pinks so I like EVERYTHING blue.
for those that see the full spectrum, it's a no no.
Stop welding without eye protection. ;)

Back