• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Food

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
EvilCloudStrife said:
I would say your about 50 years late on technology.

Welcome to the 21 century, time to buy a TV. ;)

take that lol

EngBel_LefflerHighKick.jpg

Television? Here we are in the throes of internet addiction and folks still have the nerve to mention that archaic box in the living room... :beer: lol, it still has its moments from time to time.

About the only TV I watch is BSG, and that is downloaded from bittorrent.

I wish there was a real italian pizza place around here. TN is not exactly known or pizza. Papa John's is about the best thing going.

come to north jersey...in addition to NY, we got the best pizza places.

(i was raised on pizzahut and dominoes, but i will never go back if i have the option eat at these places instead)

the only thing pizzahut has for me is their stuffed crust, but i swear i cant find another soul that enjoys it!

Google Papa johns coupons. They usually have some good deals for papa johns pizza if you dont mind ordering online. They usually have buy 1 large get one free. Right now I think they are doing 3 large pizzas for 21$ which isnt that bad.

I work for Papa Johns

Large Pan Pizza up to 5 toppings, 12.99
National Promo!

4 Large 1 toppings , 24.98
2 Large 2 Toppings, Breadsticks, 4-20oz drinks - 2x.xx (CAn't remember off hand)

And please tip your delivery drivers. We make minimum wage or less, and honestly, we live off our tips. Last night, I worked 10 hours, and about 1/2 of the deliveries I made, I got nothing at all. I'm not saying 10 dollars...2 or 3 is great! Think of the little guys :D

I always tip my guys 2-3 bucks. maybe even 4 if the weather was crappy and they still made good time.

blitzkrieg1110 said:
I'm still a fan of Vocelli's (not sure if they are nationwide or not). Also Pizza hut is very good :beer:

Not a big fan of franchise pizza. I prefer the handtossed italian guy on the corner. Fresh Roma Mozzarella MMMM

But, my ex turned me on to the stuffed crust at pizza hut. And gotta admit it doersnt suck as bad as the rest of their stuff.

I order from dominos sometimes but its more like, I am too lazy to go to the grocer and have a choice between eating dominos or rat poison, as they have about the same effect on me.

Vipersfate said:
I work for Papa Johns

National Promo!

2 Large 2 Toppings, Breadsticks, 4-20oz drinks - 2x.xx (CAn't remember off hand)

And please tip your delivery drivers. We make minimum wage or less, and honestly, we live off our tips. Last night, I worked 10 hours, and about 1/2 of the deliveries I made, I got nothing at all. I'm not saying 10 dollars...2 or 3 is great! Think of the little guys :D

Where does that extra $1 "delivery fee" they charge now go to? I thought that went to the driver to make sure they at least got a small tip

I used to avoid places that charged that stupid fee, but now it seems everyone does:(

scoobydoo said:
Where does that extra $1 "delivery fee" they charge now go to? I thought that went to the driver to make sure they at least got a small tip

I used to avoid places that charged that stupid fee, but now it seems everyone does:(

I've been wondering that too I think the chain place gets it for themselves not the driver...

I have no clue where it goes, I don't get it, I'll let you know that :D

Like a large pizza with 1 topping is 13.71 after deliver here in Crown POint IN. My commision on that is 82 cents...which isn't worth the gas to start my car. I will find out more from my store manager in a bit.

Vipersfate said:
I work for Papa Johns

National Promo!

I just bought a pizza Sat night at my brother's place in NJ while watching the UFC... ordered from local pizza place and it was $12... handed him a $20 and asked for $5 back...

not too much, but definitely something. He was very kind. :)

If you're kind, you get my tip no problem. If you're RUDE, I still give a tip, but not as great. :)

i.e. I went to a diner with my gf recently... I typically give 20%, but this guy was SO poor in service... only gave him about 12%... and I don't feel bad about it.

Your service really affects tips, and I bet you do a great job!! Keep it up... you may nail someone in a really good mood who may give you $5-10.

I've delivered pizza before... a long time ago... I remember getting $5-6 from one delivery just b/c everyone was nice to each other. :)

Don't you wish it could always be like that? =/

Vipersfate said:
I work for Papa Johns

National Promo!

Hey, Viper, which PJ's do you work for? Living in St. Johns, we're neighbors. That said, Papa John's pizza is among the worst I've ever eaten (actually, I think it's just that I've eaten so much of it that I can no longer stand it). I worked for UofL for a few years, and Papa John's was pretty much free and forcefed at any/every meeting/event/lunch.

g0dM@n said:
I just bought a pizza Sat night at my brother's place in NJ while watching the UFC... ordered from local pizza place and it was $12... handed him a $20 and asked for $5 back...

not too much, but definitely something. He was very kind. :)

If you're kind, you get my tip no problem. If you're RUDE, I still give a tip, but not as great. :)

i.e. I went to a diner with my gf recently... I typically give 20%, but this guy was SO poor in service... only gave him about 12%... and I don't feel bad about it.

Your service really affects tips, and I bet you do a great job!! Keep it up... you may nail someone in a really good mood who may give you $5-10.

I've delivered pizza before... a long time ago... I remember getting $5-6 from one delivery just b/c everyone was nice to each other. :)

Don't you wish it could always be like that? =/

yeah really. there are some people out there that think they deserve great tips regardless.....hell EVEN STRIPPERS! ive had this fat ugly chick shake a few times, and expect more than a buck...get outta here!!!!

my biggest thing with waiters, is if they notice and refill my soda in a timely manner. if the refills are good, the tip will be good.

Some people tip 5 dolalrs no matter what happens. I always took care of those people first though :)

Most people are terrible tippers. I hate that. Back in Jersey, you even tip the guy that pumps your gas cuz its a service oriented state.

im not a fan of tipping ... i avid it like the plague ... i tip when tipping is due but i truly avoid it when possible ..

if i order a pizza ... ill go pick it up .. not a big deal to me

Xtreme Barton said:
im not a fan of tipping ... i avid it like the plague ... i tip when tipping is due but i truly avoid it when possible ..

if i order a pizza ... ill go pick it up .. not a big deal to me

I can see not tipping when your pizza takes an hour etc.. But I guarentee that if you dont tip. Your pizza takes an hour

I tip and out here in WV that seems to be a rarity.

MY food is delivered in 15 minutes and I only tip a couple bucks.....

EDIT: I consider my time pretty important. No I dont think its worth 50 dollars an hour.. .but I also dont consider the ridculous gas and insurance charges worth having a car either.. .so to me.. I would add gas... insurance plus car payemtn into the cost of going to pick up that pizza as well as time...

tip is much cheaper :)

I actually live in Saint John, not Johns..lol.people do that all the time :D I work for Crown Point. And our pizza is pretty good. My boss is really good about making sure our Customer Service Compliance is good.

Today, I made 7 deliveries in 7 hours..made 35. about 5 average a delivery, and we get regulars. I know that some people still order from us and they never tip, and they are the last house in our delivery range. They think that the 1.00 goes to us. and it doesn't.

We've so hijacked this thread! SORRY!

Neur0mancer said:
But I guarentee that if you dont tip. Your pizza takes an hour

that right there is partly why i avoid the whole tipping deal ... i dont like the people who think that way ... and more times than not people think that way ....

sorry .. but i think pizza delivery drivers screw themselves ... almost so much as to rely on tips to make it ... rediculous in my eye's ... them guys need to get paid fom the company per hour (more than what they get now) or by the delivery ... thats another reason why i dont deal with it ... to me its non sense the way things are ran ... but thats life ... and thats why i choose to avoid places that *require* a tip ...

my time ... id just sit at home waiting for the food to get here anyways .. so going to get it will save me time or the same amount would be wasted doing pretty much nothing

car insurance .... uhhh yeah

gas... 1.50 i have pretty much anything in a 5 mile radius

car payment .... i own my cars

but adding in insurance, and car payment is kinda silly ... its already paid for .. regardless if you go get a pizza that day or not .. so i dont see how that can be added in to that ... gas yes .... but the other two ... nahhh

Back