• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fool Proof Guide to Lower temperatures

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Newf

Registered
So today my room was around 28C and the inside of my pc was pretty toasty, in the 60C area under heavy loads with high fan speeds. Now for the magic parts.
Step 1: You will need nice airflow through your case.
Step 2: Lower the temperature in your room to around 20-25C, mine is at 8C since I'm in Canada at 11:30pm with all windows in my room open with box fans providing circulation. My ambient is 8C right now!!!!:thup:
Step 3: Enjoy your quiet low temperature computing.

So those are the steps, use them wisely. I have stock cooling on my FX-8140 @ 4.1ghz and it reached 64C at 2996rpm under 2 instances of prime95 and 2 instances of furmark 1920x1080 got the gpu to 40c at 900rpm each fan. :thup:
By the way guys, this is not a troll. This is for a friend in Aussie country who was having problems with overheating when it was 40C ambient in his room!!! Indeed unnecessary background makes it seem that way but the point is still there.

Back