• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Found a HS. Wondering if it's any good.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ShadowPho

I am in your stack, SUBbing your registers!
I was pleasantly walking down a friend's college dorm when I saw a gutted PC thrown out. I quickly investigated, but only the heatsink was salvageable.

It's an aluminium fin, 6-pipe copper heatsink. No holes for mounting. There are numbers written [TW-0F3543...], which leads to this link:
Ebay!

My question is, if I attach a HSF to the side of it, will it cool a [email protected]?

Yeah that's an OEM sink for Dell machines. No mounting holes as it uses a clamping down mechanism. Also the case has a fanshroud and the case supposedly has 92mm fan that pulls the air thru the shroud and thru the sink and expells it out the back.

Don't bother using it. It'll make a nice paperweight tho ;)

Yeah that's an OEM sink for Dell machines. No mounting holes as it uses a clamping down mechanism. Also the case has a fanshroud and the case supposedly has 92mm fan that pulls the air thru the shroud and thru the sink and expells it out the back.

Don't bother using it. It'll make a nice paperweight tho ;)

Thanks everyone! Sounds like the consensus. Any idea of what I can do with it? Also, any recommendation on cheapest HS that can cook a [email protected]?

Back