• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Foxconn + E5-2650 upgrade compatibility

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

starmike

Hello, I got this server for my small farm for rendering and crunching

Following specs

2 x E5-2650 V1
128 GB RAM
Foxconn 020118B00-600-G
Lots of noise haha

I can't get any info or manual on this motherboard...
The cpu's are quite cheap and I thought of upgrading them but can't find any info about if E5-2650 V4 would work with this? Maybe there are better I could use instead?

Can any one confirm if they will work or where I could get more info on the board?

Cheers
Mike

I have a Foxconn motherboard in my HTPC. I was able to get drivers, manual & BIOS updates for it about three or four years ago, but all of their motherboard support sites have been down since ~2018.

Hello, I got this server for my small farm for rendering and crunching

Following specs

2 x E5-2650 V1
128 GB RAM
Foxconn 020118B00-600-G
Lots of noise haha

I can't get any info or manual on this motherboard...
The cpu's are quite cheap and I thought of upgrading them but can't find any info about if E5-2650 V4 would work with this? Maybe there are better I could use instead?

Can any one confirm if they will work or where I could get more info on the board?

Cheers
Mike

The v4 won't work in that board. The v1 uses DDR3 memory, while v3 and v4 use DDR4.

Thank you very much for your fast reply. All information I was able to find came from descriptions of sales pages for used stuff. Difference is as pointed out DDR and the socket itself, that for v4 is a 2011-3 while V1+V2 sit on a 2011 one. Guess I leave it as it is.

Back