• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Freesync blanking during games

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JeremyCT

First off, it's a Freesync monitor NOT on the "approved" list. https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=33822

It seems that the blanking occurs when I dip below the 48 MHz refresh rate minimum that the monitor supports. Aside from changing game settings to attempt to avoid dipping under that value at the cost of reduced fidelity, are there any other options I could try to prevent this from happening? I read one thread where they changed the "minimum value that gsync" operates at. Do apps like nVidia Inspector (or whatever the current standard is) support changing this value? Current card is a Zotac 1080.

I don't game much anymore so I'm not up on the current stuff, so any help or guidance is appreciated. Having the screen go blank during a boss fight just makes things more challenging than necessary, lol.

Back