• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Freeze after a clean install withe chipset drivers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

k88

My specs are (see sig) after re-format my C: just installed the newest drivers of my chipset, but starts freezing, any app, another instalation, even the desk, well, anything, but with the older drivers of the chipset (2 versions) just running fine, finally let me install the rest of my things, what could be that error?

Last edited:
I have another doubt, it is necessary to install the Control catalyst center ( I think thats the name) if I have a Nvidia card? I notice the Nvidia control panel have an audio filter but the CCC have too, I dont know if it could be some problems with compatibility, the drivers for my motherboard are up to 11.5 (I think) but I dont want conflict between those two.

CCC is not necessary just to drive the video card but I don't think the ATI/AMD install package lets you install it apart from the driver or even delete it apart from the driver. If you can find an older Windows certified driver from Microsoft then you won't have to install CCC. Of course that would probably not apply to the newest video cards where there is not a Windows Certified driver available from Microsoft yet.

CCC is not necessary just to drive the video card but I don't think the ATI/AMD install package lets you install it apart from the driver or even delete it apart from the driver. If you can find an older Windows certified driver from Microsoft then you won't have to install CCC. Of course that would probably not apply to the newest video cards where there is not a Windows Certified driver available from Microsoft yet.

thanks for the input, I think i will not install the CCC or the other drivers, just the chipset, lan, audio, C&Q, and the Nvidia driver for my vCard, anyways, the Nvidia have the audio usb filter and thats what I want.

Back