• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

freezing in 3dmark2001 SE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jlin453

I just got my new system up and running. Athlon XP2000+ w/Soyo Dragon Lite and 286mb od PC2100(temporary). Also, Aopen gf4 TI4200 128mb DDR.

I've dlded all the necassary drivers for the video card(detonator, 4in1,..)

In 3dmark2001, my computer will ALWAYS freeze on the test where the colors are swirling(sorry, don't remember which specific test this is). Does anyone know why?

No, my processor is NOT overclocked (yet ;) )

My video card is overclocked a bit(250/440 @ 315/515), which is NOT a lot. My old system (athlon 1.4ghz) handled it easily.

:(

system temp: 29
cpu temp: 44 (volcano 7+ ..artic silver 3 is arriving shortly)

again, stock XP2000+ (1.67ghz)

What about the video card at stock speeds? Still does that? and what drivers are you using for you vid card? Try using the stock drivers that come with the vid card instead of beta drivers.

core freq of 315 is the max safe o/c for your vid card. If could even be lower snce you have the 128mb version. I know anything past 315mhz I get the warning sign in Riva Tuner.

From my own experience, the freezing is caused by the vid card o/c being too aggressive.

I isntalled Aopen's drivers and everything looks horrible. My score was worse than my old 1.4ghz pc133 system.

I'll trying installing the new drivers but w/stock core speeds. This soyo board is suppose to be better than my old ECS k7sem.

btw, the agp voltage is 1.79v(auto) if that contributes to anything.

my vid card froze up when i OCed it, but then again it is a peice of **** and is going back, not my post in this section :mad: :mad: :mad:

Well I reinstalled nvidia's drivers and coolbits and on stock speeds, ran 3dmark again. And AGAIN it freezes at the test w/the swirling colors.

Maybe it's one of the settings?

__ system memory for textures in PCI mode. How many MB's should this be in both direct3d and opengl?

I just have no idea...

Check your AGP/PCI divider in your BIOS? Check what CAS setting you are running for your memory? Remove all old nvidia drivers, you can get that utility from www.guru3d.com if you happen to install the detonator 40's. Is the video card sucking alot of juice from your Power Supply Unit?

btw, the agp voltage is 1.79v(auto) if that contributes to anything.
If I remember correctly, AGP voltage should be either 3.3v for AGP 1x/2x or 1.5v for AGP 4x/8x. That voltage seems VERY high!

Mine runs stable at 317/583 @ 1.7v

The rest of system specs are listed in my sig..

If i push the GPU any higher then mine freezes as well..

Back