• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Frontlines: Fuel of War for PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I played the beta

to put it like this

the graphichs are ok
the gameplay is ok/poor(because you can just camp and use heli's etc, or just rush and kill 10 people before you get killed)
some maps are big --> a big plus, but it's nothing like the maps of Crysis

all in all it's an ok game, but not something i'd spend $50 on

I disagree. The single player in frontlines is terrible. There is no character development and you are just thrown into missions. The blast radius on most of the exploding weapons sucks pretty bad. You can shoot a tank round near the ground of an enemy and he isnt even phased. You can never run out of ammo because there are ten million crates everywhere and you have a giant arsenal of weapons and air strikes to destroy the enemy. :bang head. you cant lose!

play the special PC single player map and try not to lose

The next time I'm stuck in the desert with a few gallons of water, I'm going to battle it out with my friend in steam powered vehicles for control over the last few gallons of, oh wait, steam powered durrr. What an incredibly stupid premise.

i thought the graphics could have been better, but maybe because the environment is so big they didn't care much about like the land being more textured.

I don't like when you zoom up on someone, for some reason somthing looks wrong to me. Compared to COD4, it seems more realistic when you zoom to shoot someone.

But its still a good concept but I probably won't buy it.

Just got a copy today. Hope multi is fun...

Random trivia for you related to purchasing on steam and not paying sales tax:

While filing my taxes this year (I'm a resident of California) I noticed a section for something called "Use Tax". The description read that you must pay Use Tax on anything you purchase out of state (thereby avoiding California Sales Tax) and use/consume in California. So I guess technically you can't avoid a sales-like tax :(

Edit: lol I just looked up the rate for Use Tax in CA: its 7.25% so I guess you save 1%

has any one else found strange drivable vheicles in the junk arround the city?

i found this converted bus thing, looked like something the A-Team made that you could get in and drive arround, has a gun on top. freakin werid

this is in the GRAW multiplayer map, from red star point its to the left past the check point and keep left right before the blown out buliding where the snipers like to hang

i been playin this on vista64. most things maxed apart from foliage. aint tried it on full whack yet...doh.
only probs ive had are the server list is buggy as hell.. it jumps around all over the place..
and i get a odd crash when starting the game somtimes.. it says somthing about Ageia now workin or cant find it... i reboot n it works.
played online lastnight with about 45 other peeps.. was brilliant fun

so where the screenies then? ill do some later if none show up

Back