• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fry's Ad BFG 285 Video Card $99.00 Lie? [Yes, it is a lie..S-N]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's got to be a misprint and they won't honor that in-store. I'm sure there is already a disclaimer posted next to the ads they always post near the door.

If you plug in the stock number at Frys.com, you get this:
http://shop1.frys.com/product/58193...nunkBnHyA**.node2?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Regular price: $379.99

I like how the ad says "Everyday Low Price" though.

Oh, and good luck trying to price match that somewhere else, too...

Saw this at FW . Stores/managers are already aware of the printed price mistake , with managers notes not to except the price error .

$379.99 in the Dallas ad.

I was the second person who grabbed 2 in my hands at the cashier along with 2 other people had the same thing...before the disclaimer was up. They had no glue and trying to act stupid calling every where....even the corporate office.

Da** it . With the ad in hand, we fought an hour for the advertised price of $99 ....with but no avail.
They would not honor the price.

Fry's manager obviously does not know the meaning of honor and integrity are.

Last edited:
I was the second person who grabbed 2 in my hands at the cashier along with 2 other people had the same thing...before the disclaimer was up. They had no glue.

Da** it . With the ad in hand, we fought an hour for the advertised price of $99 ....with but no avail.
They would not honor the price.

Fry's manager obviously does not know the meaning of honor and integrity are.

obviously you dont know what a mistake is... everyone makes them.

If I made a mistake. I'll take it like a man and pay for it.

No you wouldn't. If it were your money at stake, you'd fight for it as well. Plus the guy who you argued with, he didn't make the mistake, but you made sure to be the biggest thorn in his side for following the rules didn't ya? :rolleyes:

Also you failed miserably to take into account that maybe, just maybe, it was the publisher's mistake and not the store.

If I made a mistake. I'll take it like a man and pay for it.

Fight the power, Internet man! The society of entitlement strikes again.

Look, you didn't really expect that Fry's owes you this product at the price, do you? Give me a break.

The damage was done, they shouldn't hit and run like that. They could have offer for half price of the item or something else to compensate and make their customers happy.

Fry does this all the time. Especially those extra low price advertised items. They hide them and won't give to you unless you really ask for it.

Well, I suppose we were due...

We seem to have this discussion about the 'morality' and 'honor' of taking advantage of someone else's pricing mistake about once every year.

The damage was done, they shouldn't hit and run like that. They could have offer for half price of the item or something else to compensate and make their customers happy.

Fry does this all the time. Especially those extra low price advertised items. They hide them and won't give to you unless you really ask for it.

lol ur funny... so your telling me that every place that has made a price error should just give it to you... ur like all the people who get ****ed at dell when they have an obviously absurd deal that turns out to be a price mistake and cancels everyone's order.

i think you should read the 3rd sentence at the bottom of EVERY single frys add....
2133039_6108605.jpg

Read that back to me? whats it say? "Not responsible for typographical errors" ... what kinda error was made in your paper (as it appeared 379 in multiple other papers INCLUDING MINE)? a typographical error? ya... dude go try and argue somewhere else... but right now ur just making yourself look dumb!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back