• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FSB - CPU help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sniper_83

Ok its been a while since I looked at AMD products and I need to do a cheap system.

The cheap mobo's will list FSB @ 266/333/400 and they will say Athlon/Duron/Athlon XP. I'm looking at a Barton 2600 and I need to know if it will work in a mobo just because it supports the needed FSB.

I don't know HOW cheap you're planning to go, but $70 at Newegg for the Asus A7N8X-X is damn good. It's a good overclocker, runs single-channel so you only need 1 memory module. I used it in my sub-$600 system.

Oh, and save yourself the little bit of money and get a Barton 2500+ or spend $10 more than that and get the Mobile Barton. They overclock at stock voltages with only moderate cooling needs.

I'd look for refurbished then, might get a good deal on an NF7 or something like that
a new NF7 is $70 on newegg, and will definatly beat a single channel A7N8X-X....

Didn't really want referb, would like warenty. I just want to know if it will work. (see first post)

Sniper_83 said:
Ok its been a while since I looked at AMD products and I need to do a cheap system.

The cheap mobo's will list FSB @ 266/333/400 and they will say Athlon/Duron/Athlon XP. I'm looking at a Barton 2600 and I need to know if it will work in a mobo just because it supports the needed FSB.

If it supports the CPU's FSB speeds and pin socket number...it should support the CP...but to make sure...just go to the makers site and check out the specs for that motherboard...sometimes all it takes is just a BIOS update ;)

look for a shuttle an35. if you oc or not, its a good cheap board thats has decent OCing features and is stable.

Back