• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fullscreen programs close themselves?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aays

I just started playing portal 2 and after about an hour the game closes itself without any warning or message. the same happens with project64 but only if i run it in fullscreen mode. i have no idea what it could be 'cuz when i play LoL it never happens.

Specs for my PC

ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z MB
AMD FX-8350 8core 4,0 Ghz processor /w standard cooling
2 x 8 GB DDR RAM
Strike-X Advance Chassi
2 x MSI Radeon HD5770 Hawk 1 GB GDDR5
Samsung harddrive 750 GB 7200rpm
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

i realy hope that someone can help me!

Bug in the game itself or with GPU drivers. But usually GPU drivers wont shut the game, it will just crash to desktop with the game still open but crashed. Usually ...

You tryed reinstalling these games ? Since other games are fine.

Bug in the game itself or with GPU drivers. But usually GPU drivers wont shut the game, it will just crash to desktop with the game still open but crashed. Usually ...

You tryed reinstalling these games ? Since other games are fine.

no havnt tried it yet but im thinkig about trying more games, like darksiders, counterstrike, wow etc just to be sure.

Make sure everything else is up to date. DirectX, GPU drivers, etc. ( your windows is legit ? ... )

Then try reinstalling these games that crash.

Make sure everything else is up to date. DirectX, GPU drivers, etc. ( your windows is legit ? ... )

Then try reinstalling these games that crash.

I just checked everything and all my drivers and directx is up to date, my windows is not legit but i had it on my last pc too and never had any problems. I just finished a game of LoL and ill let the game be in fullscreen to see if its the games or if its something else thats messing around

I just checked everything and all my drivers and directx is up to date, my windows is not legit but i had it on my last pc too and never had any problems. I just finished a game of LoL and ill let the game be in fullscreen to see if its the games or if its something else thats messing around

OK.

ok i just played portal 2 again and the game crashed 2 times after abour 8-9 minutes in game. i had the resource monitor on the second time and didn't notice anythin unusual when the game shut itself down more than that the CPU isn't used as much as when the game was on. i looked for portal 2 in the list of activities and it was there but in gray letters and under status it says "terminated" anyone knows what that could be? is windows shutting it down by itself?

can it be that my antivirus thinks that the crack for the game or the game itself is a virus or a threat for the PC and terminates the process? i have kaspersky

Back