• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fully submerged oil PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mrkubanftw

Registered
Hey guys, new to the forum. What drove me to check it out was my recent and probably most note worthy build. Iv done a fully submerged mineral oil bath PC. I wont get into details yet but ill post a few teaser pics. I need help with OCing a bit but ill save that for the AMD sub forum. Simple setup really. I have a 5.5gal tank with a circulating pump (1700lph @zero head in water) that runs to an external radiator placed outside in lovely wisconsin weather. Four 120mm fans drive air through the 16" x 16" x 1" aluminum radiator (from a 4 wheeler :p ). Now with outside temps running around 10 degrees today I can say that im running my FX-8350 8-core at 4.7ghz extremely stable only upping the vcore and the multiplier. I ran a prime95 stress test and saw max temps of 37C-99F. At idle she drops to sub freezing temps that the core sensor cant read. I think this is one of the more successful oil builds out there. And yes i do have a plan for warmer weather ;)

Main questions

1) what do you guys think about this build?

2) Any ideas for improvement?

I will post some pics of the temps and clock rates a bit later on.

:attn:

Slight modifications have already been made since these pics. I added a larger pump due to low flow. Also different placement of fans (makes a huge difference with oil).

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    470.6 KB · Views: 860
  • image (1).jpeg
    image (1).jpeg
    341.8 KB · Views: 638
  • image (2).jpeg
    image (2).jpeg
    310.6 KB · Views: 642
  • image (3).jpeg
    image (3).jpeg