• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX8150 to FX8350 update

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

swampdonkey

So I am getting rather annoyed now with the terrible single thread performance on the 8150. Thinkin about giving the FX8350 a try in hopes of remedying it. What you guys think? (Really dont want to have to buy a new motherboard and switch to intel but I will if I have to I guess :p

You have a decent board for the FX which is good. The 8350 will give you some gains but the Intel is still the leader.

swamp, if your looking for single thread performance then the Fx's aren't the way to look. My 955be will still beat up my 8350 in single threaded applications. Johan is right Intel is the way to go for this, I also own a I5 2500k and it will pummel both the 955 and 8350 in single threaded applications.

swamp, if your looking for single thread performance then the Fx's aren't the way to look. My 955be will still beat up my 8350 in single threaded applications. Johan is right Intel is the way to go for this, I also own a I5 2500k and it will pummel both the 955 and 8350 in single threaded applications.

NOOOOO!!!! :cry: How can this be!!!??? AMD's top cpu atm is being crapped on by a phenom 2!!!

The 8350 does very well in multithreaded apps and holds it's own gaming but Mandrakes right.

NOOOOO!!!! :cry: How can this be!!!??? AMD's top cpu atm is being crapped on by a phenom 2!!!

Swamp, don't get me wrong the 8350 is a great chip, in day to day use it's much faster the the 955 and on par if not a bit better clock for clock then my 2500k. In multi threaded apps it will smoke the 955 and is a bit better then the 2500k. What exactly are you using the Pc for?

Swamp, don't get me wrong the 8350 is a great chip, in day to day use it's much faster the the 955 and on par if not a bit better clock for clock then my 2500k. In multi threaded apps it will smoke the 955 and is a bit better then the 2500k. What exactly are you using the Pc for?

Well I usually play games (recording as well) and the typical multimedia stuff. Its just that the games I play are not optimized for more than 4 cores let alone 8.

I'll see if I can find it but there was an interesting article in these forums recently. It was on the difference in gaming on an Intel/Amd running single cards up to 3 in sli/Xfire. The difference in Fps using 1 gpu on either an Intel or Amd was insignificant. It was only when you started using Sli/X fire when the difference between Amd and Intel really became apparent. I know when switching my gpu from my AMD system to the Intel one I may get 1-3 fps more on the Intel one depending on the game.

Back