• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

G.SKILL Extreme Series DDR500 (2x1GB) OR Ballistix DDR500 (2x1GB)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
agreed. id personally choose ballistix still, but man ohh man that OCZ EB is looking to be a top competator. and EB means they are using micron IC's. specifically the -5b D ic's, which Crucial uses for ballistix.

Wrong! Why would Micron sell their chips to a competitor?

Actually, someone has already pulled the heatspreaders and they're Infineon CE-6's

This thread is a preview from an OCZ rep of the memory prior to it's release, at the end of the thread, the IC is revealed:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=75205&page=4&pp=60

Capt_Caveman said:
Wrong! Why would Micron sell their chips to a competitor?

Actually, someone has already pulled the heatspreaders and they're Infineon CE-6's

This thread is a preview from an OCZ rep of the memory prior to it's release, at the end of the thread, the IC is revealed:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=75205&page=4&pp=60

WOW! i am baffled that CE-6 can do 3-2-3. and the fact they used the EB name, which was previously used for Micron based line. Thank you for the heads up, i gotta tell (cf)eclipse/Ozzimark about this. The thought that micron would sell their chips to a competator baffled me too.

I have had these for about a week now and they are running strong at 280*9 with 2.7V.. timings are 1/01 3-4-4-8. It won't go farther and dividers won't work for some reason. Possibly a bios or motherboard issue with the 2@1024?

Ri0 said:
Wow, not too bad at 267x11 3-4-4-8

gskill2kn.jpg

considering the Gskill's are only $50 cheaper than the ballistix i think it's a no brainer.

3-4-4-8 is terrible timings for that amount of money ...just my 02 cents.

marscay said:
considering the Gskill's are only $50 cheaper than the ballistix i think it's a no brainer.

3-4-4-8 is terrible timings for that amount of money ...just my 02 cents.

1GB sticks are much different than 512mb sticks and you won't be able to get as tight as timings. Personally, the Ballistix's are the no brainer b/c of their flexibility to do 2-2-2-5 @ 200, 2.5-3-3-8 @ 250, 3-3-3-8 @ 300 with the right motherboard.

Back