• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE G.SKILL Showcases DDR5-7000 CL40 Extreme Speed Memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Yesterday, G.Skill announced a new achievement of 7000 MHz with its newest DDR5 Trident Z5 memory. What's equally impressive is they were able to do this while keeping the CAS latency at the base setting of 40 clocks. The Trident Z5 DDR5 memory was able to reach these speeds in part by the Samsung components that have become synonymous with the Trident name. To find out more, please continue reading G.Skill's press release below.

Click here to view the article.

It's hard to get excited about DDR5 when no one has it available. Not even listed on Amazon and every DDR5 memory product is sold out on Egg.

There won't be even reviews as there are barely any review samples. I should get Kingston DDR5 later today so probably will test it soon. Most others have their first deliveries in 1-2 weeks.
Actually, press releases have nothing to do with store availability and actual products that will hit the stores later. These press releases are to make a lot of noise and show who is the best on the market. Later people buy low series from the same brand ;)

i actually was actually considering a intel 12900k, but trying to get any CPU + Motherboard + RAM at the same time is very difficult because of the shortages. it took me many months to finally acquire Forgotten-Legend's core at MSRP instead of scalper prices, just weeks before intel's 12th gen launch. (not to mention a change in motherboard choice since the extreme came out, which had 4 slot NVLink bridge spacing, the same as Nevermore, vs dark hero's 3 slot spacing. the s-slot bridges are a lot harder to get, and more expensive.) DDR5 just wasn't available, and the CPU and Motherboard i wanted ran sooooo much more $$$$, by the tune of an additional 100 for the CPU and another 300 for the motherboard. then i would have had to go with DDR4 anyway, and Nevermore was having issues that relegated it to backup status, just so i could work on fixing it without having to worry about whether i could game or not. (Vertigo sux y'all. it's basically an inner ear chronic condition that screws up your balance sensors, confusing your brain, causing dizziness without movement)

believe me, i would have loved to upgrade to DDR5 and basically skip DDR4, but it wasn't in the cards, as Nevermore, i think, may be soon to give up the ghost.

Back