• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

G.Skill Sniper F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SPeEdZ70

Registered
Wondering if any of you Overclockerz can Help Or if it will have to Wait.
I am Running F3-12800CL7-2GBRM G.SKILL ATM I purchased this for My
P5Q3 yes still running it with a Xeon X3360 It runs nicely but I wanted to Run My DDR3 overclocked to 1800 in the Orange slots I`m fine when it comes to overclocking the CPU but this stuff is not easy maybe it is just incompatible it will run at slower speeds but it is not as snappy as the old stuff 12800 This board is supposed to so any suggestions I have no idea where to start played with the ram divider for speeds in between and voltage a little this is 1.5v stuff I tried 1.63 di bit wabt ti ruin this I can use it when I get the right board if I have to I just can`t find exactly what i want for the price I want I guess this is what I got if it helps Old stuff I also have an Asrock P45x3 I have tried with even less luck will not boot at all not even post i think it did once and locked trying to get to bios tried putting a stick of 1333 to adjust dram volts timings and then turn off back on no luck even at 1333 I cannot figure out what all the timings need to be set at so except the first 4 leave them on auto that could be the problem:bang head I know I can go alot higher OC on any of these boards but would like the Memory to be running 1:2 if possible like 450fsb perfect!

ASUS-P5Q-3 P45 ICH10R(NOT DELUXE) FAN ON NB
Xeon X3360 E0
Thermaltake 600W PSU TR600
Rosewill Challenger Midtower
XFX GTX260 BLACK EDITION
2X4GB G.Skill Sniper F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR
2XSEAGATE 1TB HDD
4 12OMM FANS 1 140MM TOP
HOPE THAT IS ENOGH INFO

Best I can do with this setup get about 16551 in cinebench r10 is this pretty good for under 4ghz and at 1.3v core x3360 E0 you think my DDR3 is only running at like 1489 10-10-10-27 ? I would like to get it to 1800 but I just do not think on this old tech it is possible although the same chipset on my P5q-3 says it can do 1800 OC I`ll play with that maybe I like this the way it is Time to sell it and build something new I`ll bring it to my Brother on Christmas and let him play a game then he`ll be hooked I can`t believe I got so much cash sunk in this but it really does run nice got to change a few fans around I think i will get better airflow the side vent has room for 2 120mm I have two in there one blowing in and one out I wonder if I should have them both blow out I really never bothered with fan orientaion toomuch but I really paln on going for 500 FSB with this I have the Old OCZ Vendetta with AS5 still setting just put it in here last night the other Heatpipe ASUS cooler was not doing good was hitting 75c on one core in benchies

Back