• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

G-SYNC 360Hz Esports displays?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

magellan

I was reading an Nvidia article that mentioned these type of displays, but I've never heard of them (of course I haven't been looking for a new display for a long, long time either). Are these displays available in OLED and/or with HDR capabilities? For 360Hz. wouldn't you need more bandwidth than present displayport or HDMI technology can provide?

I hope Earthdog can check out the following at CES:
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/g-sync-pulsar-gaming-monitor/

The page you linked only lists one model:
ASUSROG Swift PG27 series27IPS2560x1440 (QHD)360Hz

DP 1.4x on NV GPUs is good for about 200 Hz at that resolution, so would rely on DSC to reach 300+. If there were a 1080p version that wouldn't need DSC. AMD GPUs could drive it without DSC assuming it supports DP 2.x.

It'll be interesting to see what the G-SYNC Pulsar technology brings to the table later this year and if there will be a demo of it in action at CES.

Can't even imagine what these most provide...It was ages before I got off 60Htz even at 4K..The jump to 144Htz and back to 1440 was a pleasure for my eyes.

Back