• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

G3258 Overclocked (I think)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Biggusdoggus

Registered
Hey all

I think I have overclocked my G3258, on a Gigabyte B85M-D3H.

CPU-Z seems to show that I have, but Windows doesn't.

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

I have followed a couple of tutorials for the settings (I'm not especially brave or daring - going from 3.2 to 4GHz is enough for me at this stage).

I would appreciate any advice with my settings please - and are they set correctly anyway?

Yes, it is running 4.0ghz, with 3.9ghz uncore. And it seems like the settings are "ok".

Mine is running daily 4.3ghz @ 1.25 volt, so you might be able to lower the core voltage with only 4.0ghz, this will result in less heat if posible.

Windows won't show the change if you're using a multiplier OC.

CPUz is right, you're running 4GHz. Have you done any stress testing to find out if it's stable?

Windows won't show the change if you're using a multiplier OC.

CPUz is right, you're running 4GHz. Have you done any stress testing to find out if it's stable?

Yup - used Prime 95. No issues, max temp 74%. Which from what I understand is pretty cool running really...I could probably ramp it up a little maybe.

Your temperatures and voltages are good, if you want to push further you're in a good place to.

Even if you don't, 4GHz instead of 3.2GHz is a nice gain :thup:

Back