• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

G9 mouse 39.99

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That's about all it's worth. Actually they'd have to pay me, and even then I'd turnaround and sell it. IMO the G9 is a waste of plastic and one of the least comfortable and functional mouses ever made. About the same boat as a Razer Lachasis, which was a piece of junk. Sry Guys, but why try to improve on perfection. G9 is in no way an upgrade or even an improvement over the G5, like it's original price tag would suggest.
Replacement for G5? Try a G500 or a MX518.

g500 is garbage to me, g5 replaced mx518

I like the g9, its comfortable and accurate as hell.

Least functional? hows that? It has more functions and options than the g500 does...

Love my g9x best mouse i used since g5, and i tried just about every gaming mouse, logitech stopped making g9 so if this breaks on you and you send it back to logitech you will get a g9x back.

awesome price for this mouse.

g500 is garbage to me, g5 replaced mx518
MX518 is accurate enough for anything i would ever need it for, has all the buttons in the right place, and was pretty rugged in my experience. G5 more so.
What didn't you like about the G500? I think it's equal to, or better than the G5 in pretty much every way.

I like the g9, its comfortable and accurate as hell.

Least functional? hows that? It has more functions and options than the g500 does...
I don't need functions, I need a functional mouse. A mouse can have as much built in functionality and buttons as they can cram in there, if it's not comfortable or if things aren't in the right place, it's useless. For these reasons, the G9 was useless to me. I used it for a day and put it back in the box and gave it to my friend, as I just knew the shape and the button placement wasn't going to work for me.

I'm not saying anyone's stupid for buying this mouse, the guy I gave it to seemed to like it. I just couldn't stand the damn thing, with or without the shell thing you can put on there.
We all know this is the same as pretty much everything else, and that is it depends who's using it and what they like. The part that I find odd is that everyone who's posted in this thread seems to have used and liked the G5 just like me, but there is a big difference of opinion on the G9.

Strange I have used nothing but mx 518/g5 for years. I tried g500 and hated it, way to delicate, felt like a razer mouse. Maybe I am weird loving the g5 and the g9 but it feels perfect for me in every way.

i order this to replace my broke G5, then got mad @ my ps/2 backup, went and bought the G9x in store.
i like it
?only Diff G9 2000dpi vs G9x 5700dpi?

Happy Easter

Strange I have used nothing but mx 518/g5 for years. I tried g500 and hated it, way to delicate, felt like a razer mouse. Maybe I am weird loving the g5 and the g9 but it feels perfect for me in every way.

Hmm, I didn't get the delicate vibe off the g500. I've used almost every Razer mouse there is, and haven't liked any of them. I always come back to my G5( now G500). Maybe time will show that the G500 is not as robust as the G5, who knows.

I used the MS IE 3.0 for years, got a g9 in a 20 dollar deal a while back, had a problem with the microgear button and Logitech sent me a brand new g9x.

The IE 3.0 is one of the best shaped mice for gaming, and switching to the g9 shape took some getting used to for me. I did it though, because the mouse felt much smoother and more accurate. I run 1920x1080, and windows 7 (couldn't get my ie 3.0 to 1000hz polling rate), so the difference is fairly noticeable.

Going from the g9 to g9x you can tell the lasers respond differently. Can't really say one is better than the other, I think it has to do with the reported slight negative acceleration in the newer laser sensors.

Love my g9x though, although I sometimes wish it had a lighter scroll wheel and a slightly bigger shape. Might go for the logitech ID grip, but for now am very satisfied.

Back