• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-7N400 PRO2 Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wiredknightex

I have the ga-7n400 pro 2 along with a xp2600 333fsb and 2 sticks of 256 pc 3200. Im trying to get my system stable and for some reason not having any luck. I have updated the bios the most current version on the gigabyte site and still no luck.

I can boot but my cpu wont run at its proper fsb. i can get to to see it as a xp2200 and thats with the clk_sw off so it reads at 100mhz and the clk_ratio at 18 witch is its max. when i switch the clk_sw to auto it just doesnt boot. I get no sound errors and the hd is going at like but nothing on the screen.

My monitor stays in "sleep" or whatever. so its sending no signal. when i switch the clk_sw back to 100mhz it boots fine but reads the cpu at 1270mhz.

I know the ram has 400fsb and the cpu is 333 but im just trying to figure out how to get it to boot normally.. or even reading the cpu as better then the 2600.

ive also tried setting the fsb to 200 in the bios witch originally allowed me to boot as a 2600 with the 3200 in there but it was acting up bad. now it just straight up wont boot at those settings.

any hints?

wait, so when you turn clk_sw on auto, you still have the other switches being set to 18x? 1) 166(333fsb)*18 = 2988mhz. no way itll boot at that. 2) are you sure you have an unlocked CPU? you say 2600+, i can understand if its a mobile 2600+ to have the unlocked multis, but if it is a regular barton or otherwise, it wont boot at 18x multi.. hope this helps :)

Careface*

Well right now i have the clk_sw on off witch is 100mhz and the clk_ratio at 18x so right now it can recognize my cpu as a 2200 but its a 2600 and its not a mobile. but this was the only way i could get it to boot.

Ok well i think i may have fixed my problem.....
I set the optimized defaults in the bios and reset the switches to auto....
=/

but i still have one other question now that i have my system booting decently.

How would i go about setting up my ram for dual channel....right now they are single sided and i placed them in the slots according to the manual and no boot. i get the repeated long beep.. so i have them now both in the two right slots on the board witch i believe is single channel but im not quite sure...how would i figure this out?

Have you tried both cominations for dual channel i.e slots 1 + 3 (1 being nearest the cpu) and slots 2 + 3, these are the dual slots for single side ram.

nice to see you got the cpu working at its correct speed, only change the clk ratio swith if you are o/cing and you should never be using the 18 multiplier as it far too high at any fsb.

Yay. more problems now..

After i had it running for about 5 min i got some random restarts. Now i can barely boot with the 3200 sticks in. I resorted to using a 256 stick of 2700 just to get it running stable. I can JUST browse the net with this much ram. =/

I dont know what the malfunction with the 3200 is. I get random restarts, shutdowns, and flashing bluescreens (they only stay up for a split second then disappear and continue normal function) but i cannot do anything past boot windows.

im thinking bad ram but i would hope not. I just bought this ram so its brand new and it ran fine for 3 or 4 days.

hrmmm....

ok sweet ....since i loaded the optimized defaults i can now run dual channel....
so my 3200 is in right now and running so far...

Man...i seriously need to get me a new system.

yup ram memtest on my brand new ram and it came with all sorts of errors on it

i have my old ram in and now im running fine

Back