• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ga-890gpa-ud3h bios help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ehhwhat

Registered
I just recently bought a 1055t to go into the aforementioned motherboard and I can't seem to get the thing to overclock at all. I think that the bios might be holding me back {bios version ff 2010/11/24} the reason I think this is the set voltage is different from the monitor voltage in the hardware monitor in the bios. Just to clarify I can't get any overclocks to stick with any settings, if need be i can post those but in i'm really asking for what the community thinks of that bios and if i need to swap it out.

Check the motherboard website for a later one and if there is one, then give it a go. I doubt that is the problem, but at least your bios would be current and up to date.

interesting

Well I was using the most current bios (ff). I rolled the bios back one revision and its holding a overclock at 3.8 (prime 95 24hrs stable). There's a catch though, if I set the ram to anything except auto the board wont post and displays a overclock failed screen. It's the weirdest thing I've ever come across, usually its the other way around. So basically I'm letting the bios handle the memory timings and it's perfectly stable. I'm gonna keep testing with the beta bios and see if that helps.

p.s; I know you don't know me Rgone but I remember you from the dfistreet days. when I saw your name I had a little nostalgia moment, anyway it's a relief to see that your here. I remember you being pretty on top of you stuff on that forum and the ocz one. In fact i think you and oczSteve helped me overclock my first athlon64 3200+ on my first dfi board, that thing was so fast back in the day.

890gx ud3h/1055t @3.808/272fsb (1.47vcore/3.40nb/2.50nbvid)
xfx 5870 @ 875/1225
gskill 4gig 1333 @ 1088 6-6-6-16
corsair tx 750
hitachi HDS721010cla332 non raid
windows 7 64 home
dangerden watercooling/dangerden am3 block, black ice 240 radiator, laing dd5 12v pump, fesser 1 liquid w/tygon 1/2" tubing.

Hi "ehhwhat", lot of water under the ole bridge since the "street" days for sure. Had the DFI Club Forum until DFI got out of the consumer motherboards altogether. Got tired of doing nothing and decided to see if I could give a hand over here since I used to come here until the DFI Club Forum came online and I had no time for much else.

I downloaded the manual for that motherboard >> mb_manual_ga-890gpa-ud3h_v2.1_e.pdf and page 41 and 42 have a great deal of adjustments that could have an effect either positive or maybe negative. Hard to say when I really do not have that board and would be doing trial and error at a great distance.

My thoughts...if the ram is in slot 1 and 3 then shutdown and remove all power and try it in slots 2 and 4. That often makes a difference.

Another thought since some in here may have the board...get the latest Memset and open it and see what Memset shows the memory timings appear set to in that proggie. Post the capture of only the Memset "view" so pic is not so huge and doing so in Auto will give some idea of what the AUTO ram setting is doing. That might clue us to what to manually set.

However if it works...well then FixIt hehehehe. RGone...ster.

PS: I am going to be absent a day or so but will try to take a look here when I return. RGone...Again.

appreciate the help

Hey I've done pretty much everything that I can and to be honest I feel its at a pretty decent overclock. I think I'm just gonna leave it alone I'll post pics of the readouts if you want but I just need this rig to get me into an ivy bridge.

xfx 5870 @ 875/1225
corsair tx 750
windows 7 64 home
dangerden watercooling/dangerden am3 block, black ice 240 radiator, laing dd5 12v pump, fesser 1 liquid w/tygon 1/2" tubing.

Don't let the MB set the RAM timings on auto, for it will f^ck them up - instead of default C9 at 1600 MHz it decided to make C11 - WTH? Stupid MB, i had to manually set timings to their default C9.. Lowering to C8 at 1600 MHz would result in boot failure.

Normally I would agree, I usually always set the timings myself. This is one of the few exceptions though, because it is 24hour prime 95 stable. I hate to say it but the mobo has the settings as tight as they can be and still stable. I'm still experimenting because I think that this rig is capable of hitting the 4ghz mark. To be honest I'm really happy right now just because of the fact that it idles at 21c and hits 27c under gaming load(prime95 its hits 41c). I'll definitely post when I get it all sorted out, just as of right now I'm a little tired of messing with it.
Also Artas1984 you do know that the mem controller thats built into the 4core phenom is only rated for 1333. There has been alot of cases of going over that spec and burning out the controller. I'm pretty sure that amd documented it I'll try to find it for you. Also your gonna see a bigger performance boost from just running tighter timings on the ram as opposed to frequency.

xfx 5870 @ 875/1225
corsair tx 750
windows 7 64 home
07-29-11 01:12 AM

A little more information for you "ehhwhat". Using the 1055T requires high FSB to get big cpu mhz. That first link has one little section about "Now how to get to 4.0Ghz. I think "QuietIce" has some good points in that second link.

The 1055T Owners Club Lists Overclock Speed and voltage and ram speed and motherboard in use.

Choosing between the 1055t and 1090t, and OC questions. << Some pretty good information at various points thru that thread.

gskill 4gig 1333 @ 1088 6-6-6-16 << That would lead one to believe that you might get a little more FSB if the ram was looser. It maybe just a motherboard thing.

{1.47vcore/3.40nb/2.50nbvid) << Are those NB and NBvid voltages what you are actually running? I am not familiar with that bios and they look high for a Thuban processor.

I managed to pull of C6 at 1066 MHz instead of default C7 at 1066 MHz, so definitely go for manual timing selection. Use these settings:

CL 6
tRCD 6
tRP 6
tRAS 15
tRC 21

I don't mean to be rude guys but you keep telling me to set my timmings manually and I stated earlier that for some reason when i turn the mem settings from auto to manual i cant get the board to boot. Thats the problem, for some reason no matter what settings i use the overclock always results in a error at boot up, saying the board couldn't boot because of a bad overclock. Trust me I know how to set mem timings and I have tried using the stock gskill recommended settings for 1333 and using a multiplier to keep it below stock. I have no idea why it wont let me set the timings manually.

890gx ud3h/1055t @3.808/272fsb (1.47vcore/3.00nb/2.25nbvid)
xfx 5870 @ 875/1225
corsair tx 750
windows 7 64 home

At least the MB allows you to correct the overclock. Other low life motherboards would not even turn on, and you had to clear cmos in order to correct your OC...

Ok, so you say it does not boot when you set the timings to manual. It does not boot also when you set the timings manually the same as default or when you set them manually different from default?

I think you will have to check the MB with other RAM.

@"ehhwhat" This is a trick that some have used when AuTo was all that ram setting could use.

From mb_manual_ga-890gpa-ud3h_v2.1_e.pdf manual for ga-890gpa-ud3h motherboard.
Page # 42 DRAM Configuration What is shown is 110ns.
Trfc0 for DIMM1 set 160ns
Trfc2 for DIMM2 set 160ns
Trfc1 for DIMM3 set 160ns
Trfc3 for DIMM4 set 160ns

Then you might be able to manually set the ram timings as you have tried but failed and had to use AuTo.

Aight Rgone I tried what you said and It's a no go. To be honest I really thought it was going to work. I really appreciate the help and I'm gonna keep plugging away at it. When and if I ever find a fix/workaround I'll definitely post it. It's a real head scratch-er for sure. Also I looked at the stock power inputs for the proc and motherboard and made changes. I think they will go lower but I just got done testing for these settings. So for now I think I'm gonna keep dropping the voltages as low as the system will run them, Then I'll start working on that problem again.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
890gx ud3h/1055t @3.850(nb=2475)/275fsb (1.45vcore/3.00nb/2.00nbvid)
xfx 5870 @ 875/1225
gskill 4gig 1333 @ 1100 6-6-6-16
corsair tx 750
windows 7 64 home

Last edited:
"ehhwhat", dang el crap0 man. I thought it would work too as that was the idea for fix bandied about when AuTo worked but the manual setting would not work. The mobo bios was setting what we could not see easily and doing it in the background.

Don't know what else to say now since I don't have board to use. I wish it were a done deal man. RGone...ster.

help needed

i am not able to oc my pc above 3.6 ghz and whenever i try to do that my pc restarts or gives me a blue screen :( .....and i also need to oc my gpu but the bios is very confusing i read somewhere that i need to increased the voltage but there are so many voltage options i am so confused dont know what to do ? please help

MOBO > ga-890gpa ud3h rev 2.0
CPU > amd phenom 1090t black edition 3.2 ghz + cooler master v10 cpu cooler
MEMORY > gskill 2x2gb ddr3
POWER SUPPLY > 850 + 450 two power supply corsair
VIDEO CARD > ati radeon 5770 1gb ddr5
HDDs > 500 gb x 3 + 320 gb x1
BURNERS > external dvd writer transcend
SOUND DEVICE > Onboard
USB > 500 gb external drive + hp b110a printer + logitech web cam
O/S > Win 7 ulimate 64x

Back