• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-8IHXP , cpu compatability

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

m0tek

hey guyz , i have a ga-8ihxp (rev 2.1 - bios f8) currently installed with a p4 2.2
very happy with it
i just got a 2.80 proccessor , but its a prescott , meaning it has 1 meg cache and runs on 533 fsb
i know the board supports 533 fsb and 2.8 proccessor but nowhere it is mentioned that it supports the prescott..

can i connect it? do u think somthing bad can happen? i know this mobo supports up to 3.0 gigahz
as i said its a wierd prescott called 2.80A, 1mb-cache and 533 fsb
please lemme know since im waiting on global technical support from gigabyte for some days now
thx!

i cant find your motherboard in the cpu compatibility page, but i think that you shouldnt have any problems.
the only thing that i think is that the presscot runs on 800, not in 533. so, if you put the processor in your mainboard, yo will get less speed (133x18= 2394mhz)

so you will end with a litle more of speed from your old procesor, but with 1mb of cache......

Back