• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[GA-P35-DS3L & E6750] Can you give a new lease of life to my Old faithful?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

4m4n3d3n

:blah:
I've been "merrily" using my PC for the last 5 years without ever feeling the need for an upgrade. Even though I am still quite satisfied with her performance (for the most part), lately she had started to show her age more and more often, especially when employed towards my latest interests. Apparently the time for an upgrade is fast approaching. However, at the moment my financial situation does not allow me to invest for a new "mistress" and the earliest I can even begin to entertain such ambitions is still many months away. Perhaps she has more to give but since I am only semi-competent nerd, my geek-fu has not been fruitful as of yet. So, can you, fine gentlenerds, help me seduce (configure) her to give me all she got? ... Yes? :D Thanks a bunch :D

SYSTEM SPECS: (With Links to their specs. )

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6750 @ 2.66GHz
MOBO: GIGABYTE P35-DS3L (Ver. 2) // BIOS Version: F9
RAM: (2x2) 4GIG Kingston HyperX (PC2 8500) Row: 0 & 2 (HWINFO reports them as PC2-6400 DDR2-SDRAM)
HDD: MAXTOR STM3500320AS 500GB Firmware: MX15
VCard Asus nVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT (G92GT/D8P)

You can review all my "insanely detailed" system information below:

FULL HWINFO64 REPORT

BIOS SETTINGS: (My Kryptonite :bang head )

Page 01
Page 02
page 03
Page 04
Page 05
Page 06

:chair: I know it's :facepalm:

I never messed with bios before .. just selected optimized defaults and get on with it. Lately I have been optimizing my OS with tips, tricks and apps which I learned by researching blogs and forums. But when I tried to google my way through custom BIOS optimization ... :fight: ..... :bang head :rain: :cry:

Dear fellow (I wish) nerds: HELP MEEEEE .. PLZ?

NOTE: By the way, English is my second language and I probably made a few grammar mistakes here and there.

Last edited:
Back