• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gainward Powerpack 2400 Gs/non Gs Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yep I have a lian li pc75 and its HUGE thats what my p4 is in. Then I started on my 64 system is this little case. Took 3 hrs alot of time

JeffP said:
Those are some sicks speeds from a GT. Gainward's rock, not sure why people are buying anything else honestly.
I bought a PNY cuz its all that was available on the day of release :-/. Fortunatly mine OCs pretty damn good.

It does 414 | 1200 just fine, I just back it off to keep it safe until I water cool it. ;)

SilverJag said:
Man oh man yeah... can't wait for the 1.6ns memory on those babies. I have high hopes for the 6800GT GS. :burn:

The GT GS's come with 2.0ns memory not the 1.6ns. Only the Ultra's come with 1.6. I posted earlier on this the GS gets the same exact hardware as the non-GS's. Difference is they are hand selected for their expceptional bench performance results.

As the results are showing they run consideribly faster as a result.

Sentential: I'll forgive you this time. ;) Understandable if you purchased before they were available. I was targeting those buying now when the option is there to get a GS for $10-20 more.

Jeff

so far with no overclocking on the cpu and just setting my video card to enhanced setting ( 400 -1100 ) I scored 23000 on 3dmark 2001.

Kinda makes you go BOING!!!!!!!

JeffP said:
Those are some sicks speeds from a GT. Gainward's rock, not sure why people are buying anything else honestly.
AGainward GT GS is 465€ here. ThatS' around 550 to 600 US $.
Go figure. For 495€ you get a ULTRA here. Only problem is that there weren't any ULTRAs in stock for over a month.

Hmmm, wonder if the fan speeds could be edited manually in the Gainward's BIOS? :D

Currently, the only way I can silence the whiny fans on my Golden Sample is using the EXPERTool.

I ran a quick 3dmark03 at 445/1.161 and got a hair under 13k, but i think my cpu is holding me back a little bit (my xp2500+ is only at 11x200 right now). Using coolbits i was able to get up to 464/1.161 and couldn't get it to accept anything higher than that. My temps appeared fine, i got no artifacting at 464/1.161 but i crashed halfway through 3dmark03 :eek: . I think it's time to break out my tornado's.

BTW, i would just like to add that i am much much happier going from a 9800pro to a 6800gt than i was going from a ti4600 to a 9800pro. The difference between these 2 cards just seems so much larger......i am very impressed. :thup:

Last edited:
Thats about what I get with my gt at 455/1.2 (12700) with my cpu at 2600. Even when I upped my cpu it didnt really go up and at one point it went lower. Not sure why exactly. It was stable under prime95.

JeffP said:
The GT GS's come with 2.0ns memory not the 1.6ns. Only the Ultra's come with 1.6. I posted earlier on this the GS gets the same exact hardware as the non-GS's. Difference is they are hand selected for their expceptional bench performance results.

As the results are showing they run consideribly faster as a result.

Sentential: I'll forgive you this time. ;) Understandable if you purchased before they were available. I was targeting those buying now when the option is there to get a GS for $10-20 more.

Jeff
Currently they come with 2.0ns because 1.6 is very rare.. Once it gets going, GS will be shipped with 1.6ns... :cool:

Just slapped it in. I autodetected 419/1140 and upclocked it to 425/1150 as a start, runs MUCH cooler than my BFG did, 59 at idle compared to 63. I will run 3dmark and see how it goes, 425/1150 was not the limit but I want to start out slow, the overclocks you guys are geting are amazing!!

Auto Detected:Compare 392/1040 BFG to GS @ 419/1140= No comparison. BFG is overrated.

3dmark03 BFG: Best Run with artifacts 12530, average 11,900

3dmark03 Gainward: First Run at 425/1150, 12988, Knocking on 13K's Door!

PS Very Hot in my house today too.

Last edited:
Catalan said:
Man, the Gainward GS's are expensive...Anyone know how the eVGA 6800GT overclock?
Like **** :( same thing with BFG lately. Either get a cheap GT or a GS.

____

I was lucky enough to get the good batch before nV started binning stuff, hence my high RAM speed.

Back