• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gainward

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

heezer7

ALERT - Gainward

I just wanted to let you all know how my experiance with gainward has been over the last 9 months with my gf4 4200. I got a card with the "pink screen" problem a while back. I RMA'ed it to gainward to have a better chance at getting a card that was fixed b/c it had already been 3 months and newegg would only do an exchange also. This was while i was in college and I was with out a video card for 3 weeks waiting for a new card. No emails or anything about status from them ever. well my second card worked for about another 3 months till about a month ago. It also started to make my screen freeze. I called them one afternoon and they when the RMA department answered they first off said "Hey there we are going to lunch now so call back later." click. well finally i got through to them. I had already done this before so i had their info and address. that was good because they never offored to tell me their address. well i sent my card off and 3 weeks later i was mad that i had yet to recieve my new card. I called them and they said here is the tacking number. Look it up yourself. I was like thanks for helping me. well i looked and they sent it to my old address for when i was in school. they told me to put a letter in the box on where to send the new card. They never even looked to see if it was the same when i even told them on the phone. Well they told me i would get another card rushed to me by some day. Well it came a day later than that. Mow i have had this card for a week and my PC is locking again. over that last month my pc ran for weeks at a time on the other video card so i know there is nothing else wrong with my system. Well I thought i would share this story for all of you looking to buy gainward cards. just wanted you to know what you would be getting in to. Tomorrow I am going to loop 3dmark for a little while to see if it locks up. If it starts to again i am going to try to get another model card. I would LOVE my money back and i am going to try but i bet it will never happen. This whole thing has changed me away from gainward for life. Hope you all have better luck than me.

Was wondering if any one has ever recieved money or another item from gainward or any other manufacture. looking for advice on how to handle this very possible situation i might be in really soon. Thanks for any advice.

Heezer

Last edited:
Do you think this could be a heat issue with the video card?

I have heard of horrible stories with Gainward cards so I know its true now.

When you speak to the RMA dept, you always take down names. Then when nothing happens you ask for the supervisor and complain. You get more when you let supervisor know that their peons aren't working hard enough.

thanks alot for passing this post on to gainward. I actually didn't even think about emailing them. This card is working ok today. Have not locked up yet but i have only been on the computer for a few minutes. Maybe them seeing this will help them to fix my problem. I have the same post going at 2 other forums, amdmb and 2cpu. With you permission I can add links to those post here if you think that would help. Thanks Silversinksam.

Jon

EDIT: oh and just to add I have not had this card for about 2 months worth of time from shipping back and forth for the 9 months I have had the card.

More details: Locks in windows and linux. Doesn't matter what i am currently doing. I am running 3DMark now in loop to test it a bit.
Full System specs:
Asus A7M266-D
2X1800+
512 Crucial DDR
Maxtor HD
DVD/CD-RW
Antec TP550
Fans 3-in 3-out
Case temp 1-2deg above room temp
Everything is and has always been at stock

If Gainward or anyone else wants to contact me [email protected]
Any other information wanted please ask me.

Jon

Last edited:
well i looped 3dmark2001SE for a while then did a benchmark with all items left how they were when i installed the program and got 7983. Can anyone tell me how this is for a gainward gf4 4200 64mb w/ 3.3ns ram?

Back