• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Games You've Beaten: July 2023

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rainless

Old Member
Just got out of the hospital... Everything hurts. Censorship and AI will be the end of all of us. Insert random angry but insightful and intelligent Rainless thing... Games You've Beaten... July 2023... GO:

(Reverse Order)

Diablo IV (DID i beat it? I mean was that an actual ending? Or do I have to pay another 50 bucks to finish the game?)
Diablo II (That one I DID finish.)
Street Fighter 6
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
Sunset Overdrive
Super Mario Galaxy
Marvel's Midnight Suns
Peaky Blinders Mastermind

I was also in the beta for Tekken 8 and Street Fighter 6. SF6 was a pleasant surprise. The Tekken Franchise is in serious trouble. Mortal Kombat 1 will feature both Omni-Man and Homelander.

Okay... Back to the pain meds.

None. :)

Still pounding FPS/BRs (PUBG mostly, Apex, COD, BF 2042), whooping on my buddy and some randos in the new AOE, and playing some PGA 2K23.

EDIT: BOLD = updates from last year's post. :bday:

Last edited:
Diablo IV (DID i beat it? I mean was that an actual ending? Or do I have to pay another 50 bucks to finish the game?)

The same question. There is nothing else to do; level, story, and almost everything else is done in less than a month, but I'm not sure if I finished the game or I just see no point to repeat everything on another character.

Don't think any game I'm playing at the moment has a defined ending as they're continuously updated with new content. Of those, I'm up to date on main story on: Genshin Impact, Honkai Star Rail, FFXIV

Don't think any game I'm playing at the moment has a defined ending as they're continuously updated with new content. Of those, I'm up to date on main story on: Genshin Impact, Honkai Star Rail, FFXIV
None. :)

Still pounding FPS/BRs (PUBG mostly, Apex, COD, BF 2042), whooping on my buddy and some randos in the new AOE, and playing some PGA 2K23.

EDIT: BOLD = updates from last year's post. :bday:

Yeah I need an ending. Even if that ending is complete nonsense like all the Streetfighter endings.

I've gotten a bit too-old for "endless quests."

Deathloop was pretty good at that.

Yeah I need an ending. Even if that ending is complete nonsense like all the Streetfighter endings.
In fairness, there's an ending in the Battle Royale genre too. The object is to be the last person/team standing. And while that ending/goal is the same every time, how you try to get there is dramatically different each game. For me, this leads to high replayability of the title as every single game is different.

As cool as some quest-type games are (not talking open-world MMORPG here) with an ending, one of the drawbacks, to me, was the lack of replayability (see Woomack's post). Are people putting thousands of hours in games that take 70 hours to complete? I also tend to find the skill ceiling lower in many aspects compared to FPS, however problem-solving and things along those lines are used much more in 'quest' games.

In fairness, there's an ending in the Battle Royale genre too. The object is to be the last person/team standing. And while that ending/goal is the same every time, how you try to get there is dramatically different each game. For me, this leads to high replayability of the title as every single game is different.

As cool as some quest-type games are (not talking open-world MMORPG here) with an ending, one of the drawbacks, to me, was the lack of replayability (see Woomack's post). Are people putting thousands of hours in games that take 70 hours to complete? I also tend to find the skill ceiling lower in many aspects compared to FPS, however problem-solving and things along those lines are used much more in 'quest' games.

Yeah that's, obviously, the trade-off. Personally I don't have "thousands of hours" to put into a game. I prefer a short, contained journey.

Almost all such games tell a better story than any of the fps games. Even the Destiny-type games. (Dark Woods comes to mind...)

FPS games are a fun way to aimlessly kill time (I've been playing COD WWII ever since Sarah Silverman got into it...), but I enjoy the feeling of accomplishment from wrapping up a good story far more than I could ever enjoy coming in 3rd place in a 30-player multiplayer game.

I don't have "thousands of hours" to put into a game.
I guess I do, but to be fair, that's over 5 years of playing it. My $60 has some legs!!

but I enjoy the feeling of accomplishment from wrapping up a good story far more than I could ever enjoy coming in 3rd place in a 30-player multiplayer game.
I hear ya. But what about finishing first among 100 or more (not sure of any major BR that small, lol)? :p :rofl:

I can probably count on one hand how many games I've beat but a couple off the top of my head are.
COD4: Modern Warfare
Halo 1, and Halo 2
Those might literally be the only game's I've ever finished.
despite playing thousands of hours I never "finished" any of the elder scrolls games, I have no idea what the story lines even were lol.

Re-reading the title, did I take it the wrong way? I read it as games completed in that month, not ever? If ever, my list would be very long. Just nothing would fit that month, or even this year.

Games that have a defined ending tend to be story based. I often take forever on those, taking a break of many months part way through even if I like them. I get distracted by the new thing that comes out before I finish it. Few have enough pull I'll finish it in days/weeks according to the amount of content within. The last one might have been Yakuza: Like a Dragon, and I'm looking forward to its sequel Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth.

Re-reading the title, did I take it the wrong way? I read it as games completed in that month, not ever? If ever, my list would be very long. Just nothing would fit that month, or even this year.

Games that have a defined ending tend to be story based. I often take forever on those, taking a break of many months part way through even if I like them. I get distracted by the new thing that comes out before I finish it. Few have enough pull I'll finish it in days/weeks according to the amount of content within. The last one might have been Yakuza: Like a Dragon, and I'm looking forward to its sequel Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth.

I read it as , update in july as to games completed in 2023
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :attn: ;)

You got it right, Eagle!

I think I've made this thread every year for the last four or five years or so.

Also... Baldur's Gate 3 is out now.

I never beat any games, but my daughter beat Super Mario Brothers and Zelda. I'm so proud of her(in so many ways), she was amazing.

I'm near the end of Link's Awakening. Then I'll have beaten every Switch game I have except for Super Smash Brothers Ultimate

i remember beating links awakening.... on the game boy

i've been playing catch up since i just got a decent tv. i started a game called Relayer i have on PS4, its supposed to be a strategy game but its story is done in the anime dating sim style (sans the dating) with still that always face you and look awkward, the dubbing is terrible, like i cant hear some of the characters for no good reason and i am an hour into it and have played one mission in it.

I could really go for another play test of The Finals right about now

Back