• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Geil Evo Veloce PC3-14900 2x8GB and Z77 extreme6?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Adbot75

Hi guys,

I'm building a new Asrock Z77 Extreme6 rig and was wanting to use some Geil Evo Veloce 1866mhz 2x8GB sticks but they aren't listed on Asrocks QVL as being compatible..will they work? the ones i can get are the C10 1.5v versions listed here: http://www.geil.com.tw/products/showSpec/id/365

They are stated to be X77/79 XMP ready and i have emailed Geil support but haven't heard back from them as yet. Interested to hear what you guys might think of them?

Cheers.

Personally, I think the RAM would work. The motherboard supports 8GB sticks and the 1866MHz speed. I never even look at manufacturer QVL, and I haven't had a single incompatibility. Of course, my experiences don't mean that the Veloce will be compatible with the Z77 Extreme6 because I've seen/heard of recent RAM/mobo incompatibilities. So, I can't confirm they will work, but I wouldn't hesitate giving them a try.

Back