• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Get the most out of my PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SammyMcc

Hi all, new to the world of overclocking :D

Spec
Motherboard: ASUS P5G41-m LX2/GB
PSU: 350W
CPU: Pentium E5800
RAM: 4gb DDR3

basically what i want to know is what my compter could run at when it is fully clocked and how i would go about doing it. I have taken screenshots of CPU-Z for use to have a look at. new to it all so be nice :D
thanks

Attachments

• mobo.jpg
    mobo.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 84
  • mem.jpg
    mem.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 68
  • speed.jpg
    speed.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 71
Sammy welcome, I'll start off by saying I know liitle about overclocking the older intel cpu's so hopefully someone that is more familiar will step in. With overclocking, you are probably going to want to install a quality aftermarket cpu heatsink. A few more details about your system would be great, your PSU make and model and your case. Heat is a major factor with overclocking, in general the more air flow in the case and quality Cpu heatsink will help you overclock. You should start off with downloading Hwmonitor and prime95 and run prime for 20minutes with Hwmonitor open so you can have a baseline of what your temperatures are. Here's a guide on how to overclock that chip you have.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=515316

Back