• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Get your post 7/22 quad prices NOW!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

none1

FRY's (and many others) have a 30 day "price match" guarantee ..... if the item you buy today goes down in price in the next 30 days, bring in your reciept and get paid the difference.

So you could buy a quad toady (7/7/07) for $550, and if the price goes down on 7/23 to $350, you might get paid the difference. Yes, its risky, you get stuck with high price if the price doesn't go down until late August .....

(disclaimer, check for YOURSELF what price match YOUR vendor offers)

SO I purchased a quad today, should be online tomorrow.

"What are you going to do about it?"

/GRIN

Don't settle for anything less than a G0 stepping.

All the ones selling now most likely are old stock.

JamesXP said:
for 300 you can preordr go's at tankguys
This would be the best thing to do if you want the G0 stepping one...

for only 33 more you could get a much better chip :D

and you only have to deposit 5 and you pay when they get stock :p

Let me ask again .... does anyone know where to find the stepping code, or have a link to where I could find this? I did a quick search of the CPU forums, didn't see anything, am hoping someone here has a quick answer before I go off and research.

I have a quad in a box. There is a product code, a MM#, a FPO/batch #, a Version #, a EAN, and a UPC. Nowhere on the box does it say stepping. I can see the die side of the CPU through the box. Nothing on the CPU seems to have a G0 OR a B3. Nothing on the box has a G0 OR a B3. No B1 or B2 either.

I did see something that indicated that MM#s up to xxxx were B3, and over YYYY were G0, and my MM3 (of course) is between xxxx and yyyy ......

Thanks!

JamesXP, we're getting closer! :) Its actually the "product code" not the batch #. Mine says SL9UM .... and also says this on the die (can see this even without opening the box.

So if SLACR is G), and SLA9R is B3, whats SL9UM?

Thanks!

Back