• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

getting annoyed with this new setup (windows install on RAID)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Burning Phoenix

3.2 ghz Xeons
ASUS DCCH
WinXP old version
2 WD 36 raptors on RAID 0 (serial)
1 Seagate 160G

I think the RAID is setup up right but i am getting weird errors during post such as bios not installed and no logical drives found.

It shows durign bootup the DVD players, the seagate drive and the drives in the RAID. I went through the cd install of windows and did the F6 to install raid drivers. I dont get an otpion to install windows on the RAID drives but only the seagate. So oh well i installed on the 160G drive and it copied all the files then rebooted. It now does a continous loop trying to install windows at the start by coying files again. So i removed the cdrom from boot sequence and now i get the very large error:
Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem, Could not read from the selected boot disk. Check boot path and disk hardware. Please check windows documentation about hardware disk configuration and your reference manuals for additional information.

WTF - been doing this for 2 days now.

um if im understanding correctly you have your drives raided and just copied windows to the raid drives.... cannot do that. Reason why? Well did you ever think about your boot sector? it does not instantly get updated when you copy files, thats what the installation is for.

Obviously you do not have RAID setup correctly in the bios or it would be working. Try reading your manual most give you pretty precise directions on how to do it.

Back