• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GhostBSD 19.04 Now Available

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Audioaficionado

Sparkomatic Moderator
https://ghostbsd.org/

Best desktop BSD I've seen to date. FreeBSD based.

I've been really really really annoyed with winten lately. Linux was the obvious successor, but I've always been intrigued with BSD UNIX. They even have VB and Wine in the repo.

The only thing it's missing is a F@H client.

I did run into some issues. When you reboot, the install script didn't do the .conf files right and it leaves you on cls instead of the GUI log in. You just have to log in and then 'startx' until you sort out the broken syntax. Also have to reboot after updates and installing software.

It is bsd. Not for the faint of heart. Thanx for the heads up. I'll see how it runs in vm later on. Cool we live in the same town.

You should have added these bits into the post as well:
GhostBSD 19.04 is based on FreeBSD 13.0-CURRENT while officially using the MATE desktop but also providing a community Xfce desktop image. GhostBSD 19.04 switches to LightDM as its display/log-in manager, supports ZFS now when using the MBR mode in the installer, drops gksu, and has a number of bug fixes especially to its installer among other packages.

Back