• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Gigabyte 990FXA-D3 possibly dead?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mario1

Grammer, its my favoriate thing
Uhm yeah, long story short - aimed for 5ghz, didn't work, no signal going to the monitor, tried forcing backup bios, did it, said "mainbios checksum error" flashed from backup bios, black screen again and yeah thats about it.
Tried with 1 ram stick (tried all 3 of them 1 at a time) same thing.
Tried removing battery, forcing backup bios without it & etc, no luck.
I guess something went really wrong with both of my BIOS chips (f you, dual bios!)..

Any tips?

Last edited:
Mmmkay, problem solved.
1 hour of forcing 2nd BIOS without any success, got mad and started shorting out the main bios with a small cable, seems like it did the trick :thup: !
A smal addition: Gigabyte's dual bios technology is pure POS. If you have the same problem and forcing backup bios doesn't do anything except make your fans go faster (without any signal to the monitor whatsoever) short out pins 1 & 6 on the BIOS or do like I did - short out random pins on it (2nd option could mess something up, but if it comes to "last hope" or RMA, than its worth it).

Last edited:
Back