• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte Aorus Audio Issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SirPokemasterMD

Anyone else with Aorus (I have the Z370 Gaming 7) boards having a feedback issue with the 3.5mm headphone and microphone jack connection? Issue: When I'm in Discord the second I activate my mic, while audio is going into my headphones, I start to sound like an alien.

I was able to fix it by switching to a wireless USB headset. Recently, just tried my wired Sennheiser Game One headset again to test if the issue still persisted but it seems to have stopped. Maybe discharging the PC fixed my issue.

I think this is a known issue with Discord. I've seen people bring it up on the Discordapp subreddit frequently since some update in like late 2018.

I know some audio issues with Discord can be fixed by uninstalling Discord, resetting all your windows sound devices settings to default and re-configuring them and making sure to have the "Allow applications to take exclusive control over this device" unchecked in the device settings. Then reinstalling Discord. Not sure if this would fix that issue though, but wouldn't hurt to try.

Yeah, but it's a good post. There are people with a ton of posts whose entire post history could be condensed in to about 30 useful words. (I have more than a couple posts in that category myself, so not judging. Just acknowledging reality.) LOL

An account older than mine with less posts. Don't see that often.:rofl:

I lurked a long time and rarely post because most the time I'm at work, with family or gaming and don't like to leave people hanging for a response if I don't end up checking for a few days, weeks, years. ;)

I lurked a long time and rarely post because most the time I'm at work, with family or gaming and don't like to leave people hanging for a response if I don't end up checking for a few days, weeks, years. ;)

Been there done that, probably doing it right now lol

Back