• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte Brix DEAD (no power already swapped PSU)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ANIMASANA

Hi folks,

The girlfriend has had one of these for a couple years now and says it shut down suddenly (no windows screen, just turned off) while gaming. We tried replaced the power supply and no luck. I haven't called them for support yet but thought I would come here to see if anyone might have suggestions for next steps on troubleshooting.

GIGABYTE Gigabyte BRIX Pro GB-BXi7-5775 (rev. 1.0) Barebone Computer - Core i7 5775R 3.3 GHz - No HDD - Intel Iris Pro Graphics 6200

The above is not the model she has, waiting for her to send me specs. But it's similar, maybe an earlier revision.

Believe it had windows 7 when she got it and upgraded to windows 10.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

:confused:

If it's not the PSU then it's probably a dead motherboard. No HDD? Must be an SSD then? Where does Windows live?

Do any lights come on or fans spine when she tries to power up?

It's some sort of SSD storage. I haven't opened it up yet. Windows lives there.

Pretty sure she gets nothing when trying to power on, no fans, no lights.

Mobo. makes sense though.

I might reach out to Gigabyte and see if they will RMA or refurb if I can verify the mobo. is the problem. Will have to take a look at their documentation once I can get my hands on it.

Not mission critical. Just going to be another distraction for me when I get bored.

She already went out and bought a new tower today, must have been ready to upgrade, like myself.

LOL!!

Thanks for the suggestion though, trents. I will investigate further. I really appreciate it.

-A

Sounds worth investigating. Big name brands like Giga and Asus are a pretty safe (though generally expensive) OEMs to buy full systems from. Generally, like Trents said, the PSU is the first thing to go in them, though. Once in a while, you'll have to go past the motherboard in troublshooting, but generally speaking, if a pre-built system goes, it's first because of the PSU, then likely the board.

Cool, thanks for the input Dlaw.

I will report back after I've dug into it some.

Much appreciated!

-A

Back