• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte EP45-UD3P

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Alright, got my ud3p and my q9550 setup and was starting to play with trying to oc a little bit. I have been out of the loop for a while but I am having problems. I tried setting the multi at 8.0 and 8.5 and upping the fsb to get it to an even 3ghz and neither way would it boot. Do i need to start messing with the voltages right off the bat?

I would start messing with memory straps first since you're not likely to need more voltage yet.

If you set this to 333 & 2.00b it will probably get out of your way and let you find the limits of your CPU w/o interference.

All that is new to me. I am used to only having to up the vcore if needed and setting the multiplier and fsb and that was it LOL. The good ole athlon days. Is there a good thread with all of the pointers with these memory strap settings and all the other good stuff?

The settings I just posted are pretty much foolproof and work at more FSB speeds than most any other, but there is a great thread on the UD3x boards located here:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=205132

Thank you for the help. I understand the settings a little more now. Right now I have the wife's q6600 running at 2.9 and I will probably take it to 3.0 and leave it there with it folding 24/7. I left the multiplier alone and raised the fsb to get to 2.9 and dropped the memory settings to 333 and it was either 2.40 or the next one. I would like to get the memory as close or a little above the 1066.

I have my 9550 at 3.10 right now. I'm not going any higher till my true gets here. I have nothing but good things to say about these mobos and you can't beat them for the price.

I think I am making progress on the q6600. I have it at 2.95 right now. It was at 50-52c on two of the cores at load. I changed the voltage settings on all of the options for the cpu from auto to manual with the normal voltages. Right now all the voltages are and normal and it is folding and running fine and the highest full load temp read with coretemp is 44c.

Should I be upping any of the voltages yet or keep going up till it starts becoming unstable?

Should I change any of the memory settings?

Are these BIOS revisions worth updating for? I have the F4 installed currently, but is there anything these newer ones have to offer? Better sucess maybe?

Well I just got a Rev 1.0 UP3P from Newegg. I was really hoping for the Rev 1.1.

I'll post results later tonight.

Last edited:
I got the wife's Q6600 up to 3.2, I set all the voltages to normal except the vcore is up two clicks from normal, I may drop it down one. The memory is at 1068. The memory doesn't seem to want to oc all that well unless I am missing something. I set the dram v to 2.0 was showing 1.8 as normal. Max temp under load folding has been 54c on air, I guess it isn't too bad.

Here's what I've achieved so far... STABLE mind you. ;) I call 37 hours of Blend stable anyway. :D Sorry for the small screenie, I test/bench with a monitor that maxes @ 1024x768.

This is two instances of v25.7 with ~1.5GB per instance, each running two threads. Since there is a limit on how much memory each P95 process can grab, I run two instances to maximize the memory coverage when using a 2x2GB config.

I'm concerned about going much higher than here due to the likely necessary vcore and vtt. This setup is going to be used as my main box and will also Fold 24x7. I've read the Anand article about their battles with high vtt. I'd like this setup to last and stay healthy... I'm not a hardcore bench-a-holic like some of you guys... see the title on the left, "Senior Fold-a holic". :D

Any sage advice in the area of max vcore and vtt on my chip is appreciated. I've read tons of threads... but everyone always has something different to say and it tough to draw conclusions without putting my own hardware at risk with experimentation.

Q9550_450x85_P95_BLEND_1.jpg

How is it possible that this mobo runs at so high FSB? I have hit 430MHz limit on my. What voltages do I need to raise? MCH?

How is it possible that this mobo runs at so high FSB? I have hit 430MHz limit on my. What voltages do I need to raise? MCH?
you have hit either the cpu's max speed it will do. Although your cooling may not be able to cope with the quad core ocing.

Yes you need to raise the MCH voltage, and you also need to play with the GTL refs and VTT voltage. Mind you most of the 500+ FSB runs have been done on duals and not quads, however if your chip is up to it this board can run 500MHz FSB on a quad.

The P45 is not the best board to push a 65nm quad (Q6600 etc) to high FSB's, you need the brute force of a X38 or X48 to do that (NB in particular), P45's are more optimized for 45nm CPU's

Back