• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte F2A85X-UP4 / A10-5800K, need help overclocking iGPU please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FlayedOne

Registered
Hello,

I'm trying to overclock my iGPU part of APU to about 1025 Mhz, but I don't know which voltages I should raise to increase stability. I tried increasing my NB voltage to 1.375V (@2400Mhz which needs at most 1.325 for stability, 1.275 is stock), but the iGPU is still unstable. I also tried increasing APU VDD voltage from 1.2 to 1.3 in vain.

Does anyone know what should I do to make it stable? In every thread I read about overclocking A10 people talk about reaching 1100+Mhz stable, but nobody says how to do it.

Thanks.

I dont see anywhere to raise your iGPU voltage... I assume those hitting those clocks are raising the voltage associated with the iGPU (which AFAIK is not NB or VDD)... at least on Intel CPU's and most boards there is that option.

You should also be overclocking/using fast ram for best results on the iGPU as well (at least on Intel anyway).

Thanks, even though I'm even more lost after your post :)

My RAM runs at 2400Mhz@ 11-12-11-30 @1.6V (already overclocked to it's max, BIOS won't let me run at higher frequencies).

That's the review from which I got the idea of bumping up NB voltage.

I got the idea of increasing APU VDD voltage from this one -
http://extreme.pcgameshardware.de/o...-power-a10-5800k-gigabyte-f2a85x-up4.html#a13

Nobody lists the full set of voltages though, and it seems NB+VDD is not enough (that or my iGPU overclocks badly). I'm certain it's not the memory, because everything is stable with iGPU@800-900 Mhz.

Thanks.

I still think you should try dropping the ram speed back and see if that will help before we throw more volts at it, Have you OC"d the CPU at all. Have you done a prime95 test to check your temps I know those chips get hot and that will make things unstable too. You should do that and monitor the temps and post some shots that we can have a look at.

Here are CPU-Z and GPU-Z shots.

I haven't overclocked the CPU, on the contrary - I turned off the TURBO setting. The multiplier is set to 38 and the VCore is set to Auto.

After running Prime95 for 10+ minutes the CPU temperature is stable at 55-56 Celsius.

I'll try setting the memory and NB frequency to stock and see if that helps. Thanks.

-edit- and GPU-Z always shows the same voltage no matter what settings are set in BIOS.

-edit2- today is pretty cold, so the temperature have stabilised at 53 Celsius as seen in the second screenshot (tray bar number - HWinfo64 which is the only monitor I found that gives the same readings as BIOS).

Attachments

• Shots.png
    Shots.png
    45.5 KB · Views: 198
  • Shots2.png
    Shots2.png
    44.4 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
Back