• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Gigabyte RTX 4070 Ti Super Gaming OC 16G Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

4070tis-feat.jpg
Gigabyte was kind enough to send their RTX 4070 Ti Super Gaming OC 16G with a large 2.5 slot, a three-fan Windforce cooling solution, increased (from reference model) clock speeds, and some cool-looking RGB bling ring inside the fan space. Below, we'll look at the specifications and features and discuss the performance profile of this 1440p/4K UHD targeted graphics card against its peers and the competition.
Click here to read more!

I don't know what you are playing, but consider a new generation this year, and something like the RTX4070 Super is still very fast while significantly cheaper (and I see that prices are already slowly going down). Count the pros and cons and decide, as I see you have a limited budget.

I don't know what you are playing, but consider a new generation this year, and something like the RTX4070 Super is still very fast while significantly cheaper (and I see that prices are already slowly going down). Count the pros and cons and decide, as I see you have a limited budget.
The only thing holding me back is the 4070 super & 4070 ti super is $$$$$. So, more then likely I am going to get the 4070 ti and when I buy it I will let you know.:rolleyes: Also the 4070 ti is the best for 1440p gaming.

I had 100FPS+ at 1440p in everything I was playing on RTX4070. I have RTX4080, which I'm using only for tests, and recently I moved RTX4070 to the second test PC as RTX3060 is still good enough at 1440p.
In your case, I would consider something like 2x RTX4070 Super, one for gaming and one for folding. At the same time, sell your old cards to get some money back and save some space. Everything would run cooler and use significantly less power. RTX4070 Super should be 10-12M PPD at 150W. I'm just saying ...

I had 100FPS+ at 1440p in everything I was playing on RTX4070. I have RTX4080, which I'm using only for tests, and recently I moved RTX4070 to the second test PC as RTX3060 is still good enough at 1440p.
In your case, I would consider something like 2x RTX4070 Super, one for gaming and one for folding. At the same time, sell your old cards to get some money back and save some space. Everything would run cooler and use significantly less power. RTX4070 Super should be 10-12M PPD at 150W. I'm just saying ...
Thats a lot:unsure: of money.

If I had the same price, then I would buy it too ... sadly, here it costs ~$1k (inc. 23% VAT).

I am really surprised these cards are not doing 3GHz. I paid 670usd for my Ti last summer, it has been good to me.

I wish I could add a pick but I would be drummed out of the forums for my complete lack of cable management...I have to look at my sig to even remember which GPU's I have.:unsure:

I am waiting for the Super Duper card to arrive.:)

I wish I could add a pick but I would be drummed out of the forums for my complete lack of cable management...I have to look at my sig to even remember which GPU's I have.:unsure:

OH GOD...!

...I am the WORST!

I only just figured out how my case (which I got 7 years ago...) works! (I should've read the manual.)

It's got this whole other SIDE to it... and all kinds of cable management options.

It was only in researching its replacement that I discovered (through photos) "Heyyyyy... MY case actually does some of this stuff!"

Then I took off the screw and looked on the other side (which I had only opened ONCE... by accident... in 7 years) and discovered all these... THINGS.

I STILL don't know how to use it! hahahaha :D

I still have the original box (I'm staring at it right now, by the door), and I had the instructions and extra brackets... but I think I lost them years ago.

EDIT: Okay... in my defense... the manual does NOT go into cable management at all... but they're still alive and kicking!

...or at least their website is.

Screen Shot 2024-02-29 at 7.01.52 AM.png

It's SO SIMPLE! The cables are MEANT to go out the back and come up the other side via those four holes. How could this have NEVER occurred to me???! :rofl:

Last edited:
It's got thi whole other SIDE to it... and all kinds of cable management options.
It's SO SIMPLE! The cables are MEANT to go out the back and come up the other side via those four holes. How could this have NEVER occurred to me???! :rofl:
ICANT

And we all thought responding to someone thinking you're in a different thread was funny (and it was!)... :rofl:

....now, back to the 4070 Ti S, please. LOL

In the specs chart, I'd suggest slot the thing where it belongs; between the 4080 and non-super 4070 to have a proper progression from top to bottom in terms of specs. Easier to read how it fits in the middle.

And maybe split the chip properly to show which actual chip they're using.

Back