• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good and Quiet i7 Heatsink w/ Fan?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lemerex

Registered
Hey guys, I was wondering what type of heatsink with fan would be a good solution for my i7 2700k? I have a Zalman 9700 and it does a good job cooling its just a bit loud now since i got some new GELID 120mm Fans. I am going for complete quietness. I don't over clock it much, i have it at 3.9Ghz and with my current setup, it idles at 29C. With the intel burn test, it gets to 65C. So as far as temps go, the 9700NT fan does a good job, just a bit loud. I am not really interested in water cooling since i don't plan to overclock it. I do game some on it, but not intensive. Any Suggestions?

i know you said your not interested in water cooling but maybe a small sealed loop like the corsair series would work for you,
i just recently built my pc and noise and dust filtration were two key decisions for what i got,i have a whole slew of air coolers for my cpu and non were quit enough and all were heard over everything else in the system.

i replaced all case fans with Bitfenix spectre pro fans they are dead silent, have great airflow and pressure for how quiet they are. my corsair h100 i got was then the loudest thing in my case so replaced there fans with some spectre pros as well and works great for a silent solution.

the loudest thing i can hear in my case now when gaming is the gpu fan when its hits 100% otherwise the system is pretty much silent.

for you with small OC i would go with a corsair H60 and replace the fan with a silent one.

long as your on air you will need a higher rmp fan so by switching to a sealed water system you can get a quieter fan with the same or better cooling.and the sealed units need no maintenance and the h60 cost about as much as a decent air cooling solution.

i know you said your not interested in water cooling but maybe a small sealed loop like the corsair series would work for you,
i just recently built my pc and noise and dust filtration were two key decisions for what i got,i have a whole slew of air coolers for my cpu and non were quit enough and all were heard over everything else in the system.

i replaced all case fans with Bitfenix spectre pro fans they are dead silent, have great airflow and pressure for how quiet they are. my corsair h100 i got was then the loudest thing in my case so replaced there fans with some spectre pros as well and works great for a silent solution.

the loudest thing i can hear in my case now when gaming is the gpu fan when its hits 100% otherwise the system is pretty much silent.

for you with small OC i would go with a corsair H60 and replace the fan with a silent one.

long as your on air you will need a higher rmp fan so by switching to a sealed water system you can get a quieter fan with the same or better cooling.and the sealed units need no maintenance and the h60 cost about as much as a decent air cooling solution.

As far as temps are concerned, i think my zalman performs better then the h60. Thanks for the suggestion though. But i will stick to air cooling

yes my zalman and V8 cooler both work great too but you wanted quiet,as long as your on air that probably wont become a reality for you unless you go with something silly huge and try to go fan less=) maybe a megahalems with a silent fan would be your only possible alternative that i can think of.

yes my zalman and V8 cooler both work great too but you wanted quiet,as long as your on air that probably wont become a reality for you unless you go with something silly huge and try to go fan less=) maybe a megahalems with a silent fan would be your only possible alternative that i can think of.

Thanks for ur help......

Back