• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Google Pixel 2 or LG G7?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TickleMyElmo

I just sold my LG G6 and Samsung S7 and need a new android. I like to always have one iphone and one android. I'm using my iphone 7 now but I want to get a new android. I cant stand phablets or huge phones so I have come to two choices, the Google Pixel 2 and the LG G7. What do you guys think I should go with? Also if you have any other options please let me know. Thanks again all :)

I've always been partial to Motorola and LG phones, the LG G7 at $400+ is a little rich for my blood, but maybe not so much if you're used to buying iPhones.

I was referring to the pricing of new iPhones, no doubt they would be cheaper on swappa. But, back to your topic: what features are you looking for,with your android shopping? Better battery life? Screen size? The Pixel2 has favorable reviews, slim, great camera but then so does the LGG7, with software enhancements that boost camera function.

Small size, great battery life, very good camera, speed when it comes to normal stuff like networking and general use.

I would prefer a "smaller" screen (4.5"), but have read that having a physically larger phone generally leads to better battery life(ie:bigger battery).

i bought the lg g6 when it released and ive had a slew of issues including a replacement phone already. my main camera is still messed up... makes me wish i had bought the iphone which was also bogo at the time. though the g7 might be better.

Being a gen-1 Pixel XL owner and my wife now has a Pixel 2, the camera is excellent, charges quickly, and battery life is very solid. It's also hard to leave a google phone for somewhere else because the stock android experience (lack of bloat and quick updates) are great.

As a stock android user myself (Nexus 5 [still]) I too prefer the Google direct updating. I don't have to wait for another vendor to vette Google's update and make it work for their phone. Ironically, my Nexus 5 is EOL and does not get updates but that's because the OS is no longer supported by Google. I too like the lack of vendor bloatware but Google has some of their own too.

That said, it looks like LG is slightly better (in specs only) with the CPU, GPU, battery and camera. The Pixel is better in term of overall dimensions and screen. Everything else is nearly identical. What the pixel lacks in battery power is probably more than made up for in a slight slower CPU and GPU and the MOLED screen. The LG allows for expandable memory up to 2 TB where the Pixel does not.

It's really a toss up depending on what you want but I'd probably go with the Pixel2 for my needs.

Back