• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got the Asetek minimal Waterchill today

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Category 5

Holy Cow! I can't imagine why everyone warns of kits being inadequate. for 100 bucks I got the Asetek minimal Waterchill kit & its' great.

My load temps dropped from about 63C to 43C on my Prescott 3.4 running at 3.8.

I am wholeheartedly impressed.

It includes a Black Ice Pro single 120mm radiator, an L20 Hydor pump, and the original Waterchill CPU block (not Antarctica, which is said to offer even better performance).

Right now I am just using distilled water but I am thinking of adding some antifreeze or Isopropyl alcohol.

Shane

whatever you do, DO NOT add alcohol to that loop - you have acrylic parts in it (block top) and alcohol will contribute to the cracking of the plastic

asetek should've included a small bottle of anti-algae fluid, but if they didn't, run over to a pet store & pick up a small bottle of biocide & put some of that in there

Thanks Sneaky. I'll get the biocide from the pet store. I don't seem to have any anti-algea fluid. Maybe it isn't included in the smaller kit.

Man these temps are awesome!

Shane

Back