• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GPU cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
when i took the wc plunge, my focus was on my cpu and its temps. i added my gpu to the loop in the last week of building. but i noticed most of my gains came from my gpu. my temps dropped from 75c to 36c load! and that allowed me to overclock the crap outta it. i got my 7900GT KO up to 216fps on my favorite online shooter game (Joint Operations: Typhoon Rising). Now I can frap my games and still have frame rates over 60!

Yeah - the grandsons aren't old enough to need high speed video and this way I can SLI the 7600GS's in the future and replace one with a modern card. Still don't know how I'm going to cool them, though. :-/

Good idea - it's what I did with my 7900 GTX soon to be running in SLI ... :D

High end air cooling :beer:

Stock speed 8800gts 640MB 500/1600 .. watercooled 757/2100
3Dmark06 stock scores around 7000 and watercooled 9500
Thats about a 25% increase across the board. Not to mention SILENT.
For the price .. about $95 for the block .. and the sheer beauty of it. Why wouldn't you?

The D-Tek Fuzion GPU block fits just about any videocard, but it doesn't cover the RAM, so you'll need some passive heatsinks for those probably, like in the picture below. Still, it's $50 and can be used for other cards too, so might be a good option. I plan on going that route unless something better comes along within the next month or two.

Attachments

• 665e.gif
    665e.gif
    85.3 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Anyone know how well the Fuzion GPU block does vs the MCW60?

Thinking about getting the Fuzion CPU/GPU combo from Petra's.

Back