• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

graphics card for microsoft flight simulator deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zishaan

Registered
lookin to get a new video card so i can do basic things but most importantly play flight simulator and also want tv-out with preferably the yellow socket thing not just s-video. just that i have s video on my vaio and later thats been playin up whereas the other yellow sockets never given me any trouble.

personally i prefer nvidia as ive always had it.

how many mb shud i be looking for? 128 wudnt do me wud it? coz otherwise ive got this in mind - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=220075579777&rd=1&rd=1

also my processor is the e6300 and motherboard is the ecs P4M800PRO-M

Last edited:
hmmm flight simulator delux, you mean flight simulator X? i would have thought you'd needed something with a little more power to play that, my father bought a 7900gto just to play that game :O

how much are you looking to spend?
looks like not very much
nvidia dont seem to have much out for the agp market anymore
try http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=530761

you could try ati:
http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=487723

i wouldnt go much lower for flight simulator X but how much u wanna spend would help alot :D

5600 is a BAD card! Do not get it.. Id suggest getting a AGP version of the 7600GT, or perhaps at the very least a 6800 AGP version.. That game is very system demanding.

I can't run FSX with all graphics options maxed with an 8800. A 5600 AGP would be a slide show, if you could get that out of it.

ok thanks 4 the suggestions guys. on my motherboard ive got 3 pci slots but sadly no pci-e slots i think that wudve helped. anyways if i find a pci slot graphics card would i be able to get anything better out there? i did agp is better than pci but crapper than pci-e, also im willing to spend upto 50 pounds, course if there something exceptional for a slightly higher price then id go 4 it. and to be honest the majority of video cards ive seen and the ones ive been suggested do seem to be in the 70 - 80 pound category, so looks like im gona have 2 bring up the budget.

Last edited:
OK, here's the thing about FSX: it is the single most CPU dependent game I've ever seen. Meaning that a faster processor will help you out a lot more than a faster GPU. That said, you've got a Core 2 Duo which is one of the best processors out there IMO. So for a graphics card, you will want to get an AGP one; you're correct in saying that AGP is better than PCI. An AGP 6800 should be fine, 256MB of video memory is reccomended but you can get away with 128MB.

Make sure you check out avsim.com, they've got a ton of great resources on their forums for FSX.

Pntgrd said:
I can't run FSX with all graphics options maxed with an 8800. A 5600 AGP would be a slide show, if you could get that out of it.
Not even with a 8800 GTX... It's a 10 FPS affair...
Edit: If you can afford a 7600 GT AGP that would be better then a 6800 and an 7800 GS would be even better :D

Back