• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GRID

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Then I honestly could not tell you. Same drivers, exact same hardware yields perfect results in 64bit XP.

Well the drivers for XP wont work in Vista and vice versa so they're not really the 'exact' same drivers.

I think it has to be the drivers. If people say its running fine on Vista then it cant be the OS. BUT they also need to confirm the resolution im playing at.

Wheels with a clutch are far from the norm.

There was some cheap "NASCAR" wheel that had a clutch. I'm sorry, but sense getting my G25 I don't really shop wheels anymore. The gated shifter is the thing you won't see often, but is not an issue with a properly set up game that allows you to set buttons for each gear. Then you have the option of "shift up/down," or "this is first, second, third..."

Support of the G25 should have been a no brainier as they are becoming more and more common. The controller works for both the PC and PS3 so it would have killed 2 birds with one stone. Personally I don't see any excuse for them not giving it proper support to fully fill the "Sim side of what they were claiming.

Its billed as a mix of a Sim and Arcade racer

The only "sim" I have seen in this game having played it now are the real cars. The physics suck as do the inputs when compared to proper sims.

As I said, i haven't totally given up on this game as these may just be demo growing pains, but I am fearing another NFS Bling style title. If the game had not been built up in the manner it has I would not have issue with these things. Then again I wouldn't have considered buying it either.

Well not all PC racing games can please all. Espeacially how some take PC racing really HC

I think it's a good mix of both. Without all the jazz about car setup and tweaks and such......I'm in that kinda of mood I have LFS or NASCAR SEASON 2003. If want a "bling" race game that focuses on the "race" and "fun" (with damage intergrated) I now have this game.

Did/does DiRT support your wheel? Since its based off that engine, I would say the support would be the same.

I never played DiRT due to similar complaints as to the feel of the game. I have heard that the G25 is fully supported though, and that DiRT is a very fun game aside for the odd feel of it.

I never played DiRT due to similar complaints as to the feel of the game. I have heard that the G25 is fully supported though, and that DiRT is a very fun game aside for the odd feel of it.

The force feedback in dirt is freakin awesome too. You can feel the transitions from dirt to concrete just as you would in a real car.

When you see that price you can't believe on it JUMP b/c you will not regret it. I am big into race/driving sims and I have not regretted my G25 for one second. Even when I have it sitting in the corner not being used I'm still glad I have it.

When you see that price you can't believe on it JUMP b/c you will not regret it. I am big into race/driving sims and I have not regretted my G25 for one second. Even when I have it sitting in the corner not being used I'm still glad I have it.

Now, if I was as interested/serious in racing like Godfather...then yes, I'd go for it now.

Well, I LOVE racing games (and this bad boy works on the PS3????), I have some arcade racers (NFS) and some simulation ones. I can't play the simulation ones because it hates my controller and is WAY too sensitive (can't fix).

Yep, works with the PS3 via USB. I actually bought my first good wheel (old red Logitech MOMO) as a wheel for the PS2 and GT3/4 and WRC, but moved it to the PC when I found Live For Speed.

I've used my buddy's momo, pretty nice. But what I'd really like to see is an e-brake lever; help out with power slides in DiRT. Right now I tap the red button repeatedly...

Back